Remington 700 action w/ Detachable Mag to BDL?

CjC73

I currently have a long action, std bolt face, that is set up for a DBM from the factory. A typical BDL set up will not work, the action side rails aren't wide enough to keep the follower down and keep it from interfering with the bolt.

Been looking for a factory detachable mag bottom and have had no luck thus far (have a couple possibilities and awaiting a response from them). I do not want the aftermarket types that stick way below the stock, ie tactical style. Just want to keep it flush as possible.

Is there a part that i can put in to keep it as a BDL style that has the side rails to keep the follower down? Or I see Kwik-Klip has a detachable mag set up that fits into a BDL set up. Anyone have experience with these? Work well. Seem a good option for reasonable cost.

Thanks all

The BDL arrangement has a magazine box which fits between the bottom metal and the action. The mag box has some feed lips as part of it.

You need a center feed mag, whether that is BDL bottom metal with centerfeed box (Wyatt) or centerfeed detachable bottom metal mag (H-S Precision, Wyatt, etc).

You may want to touch base with them to see if they have one for a 30-06, otherwise this box is made so you can customize it as you want.

I've been looking at the Kwik-Klips, i like them

For the Wyatts... are they a drop in fit? or mods have to be done to stock and/or action?

I have a factory bdl dm on my 30-06 stainless that I am changing to bdl with the Wyatt's box. I would be willing to part with the factory dm and bottom metal if you are interested. New member and don't have privileges on the classifieds yet.

Just last week on here I posted pictures of the Kwik Klip I put in my 25/06. I bought it at Cabelas years ago it is center feed clip and with the 5 round clip it's almost flush when in the gun. Not sure this system will fit in to factory Rem 700-DM but works perfectly in BDL. Here's the pictures again

Attachments

• 6ECD282B-ED54-4781-82BE-F46D35376436.jpeg
    6ECD282B-ED54-4781-82BE-F46D35376436.jpeg
    981.2 KB · Views: 392
  • 5D721A84-88C4-4623-8C1A-2331632B2CAE.jpeg
    5D721A84-88C4-4623-8C1A-2331632B2CAE.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 360
Just last week on here I posted pictures of the Kwik Klip I put in my 25/06. I bought it at Cabelas years ago it is center feed clip and with the 5 round clip it's almost flush when in the gun. Not sure this system will fit in to factory Rem 700-DM but works perfectly in BDL. Here's the pictures again

This is probably the route I'll go.

I currently have a long action, std bolt face, that is set up for a DBM from the factory. A typical BDL set up will not work, the action side rails aren't wide enough to keep the follower down and keep it from interfering with the bolt.

Been looking for a factory detachable mag bottom and have had no luck thus far (have a couple possibilities and awaiting a response from them). I do not want the aftermarket types that stick way below the stock, ie tactical style. Just want to keep it flush as possible.

Is there a part that i can put in to keep it as a BDL style that has the side rails to keep the follower down? Or I see Kwik-Klip has a detachable mag set up that fits into a BDL set up. Anyone have experience with these? Work well. Seem a good option for reasonable cost.

Thanks all
If I'm understanding you correctly, you have a factory dBm rifle without bottom metal or magazine? The stock has cutouts for the release buttons/levers? Do you want to make it a BDL? Our you just need the factory dBm and bottom metal to complete the rifle? Kwik klip works well but may be a little sloppy in the inleted area for the magazine since it's designed to fit BDL setups. Plus the factory mag release cutouts will be there and look funny. I have fitted all these options to a 7rm ADL from the 60's into a r700 classic stock, first to BDL, then to Kwik klip, and now too factory dBm setup.

I have done many conversions from BDL to DM on Rem 700's.
my favorite aftermarket semi- flush fit model is the H-S precision found at Brownell's.

if you are after total flush mount then I would go factory.
Brownell's also carries or used to carry all the parts to the DM factory setup.

#55 is the bottom metal
#30 is the magazines.

at least this is what I believe you were asking about.

Last edited:
I have done many conversions from BDL to DM on Rem 700's.
my favorite aftermarket semi- flush fit model is the H-S precision found at Brownell's.

if you are after total flush mount then I would go factory.
Brownell's also carries or used to carry all the parts to the DM factory setup.

#55 is the bottom metal
#30 is the magazines.

at least this is what I believe you were asking about.

yes, i saw that on Brownells site. Unfortunately, the bottom for a long action isn't available. At least i didn't see it, saw the three for short actions, but none for the long.

I saw the HS one, it's nice. But i can't see spending that much on the DM. If this was for a more custom rifle, then maybe. I didn't even pay that much for the barreled action and stock for this rifle. i do appreciate the information,

If I'm understanding you correctly, you have a factory dBm rifle without bottom metal or magazine? The stock has cutouts for the release buttons/levers? Do you want to make it a BDL? Our you just need the factory dBm and bottom metal to complete the rifle? Kwik klip works well but may be a little sloppy in the inleted area for the magazine since it's designed to fit BDL setups. Plus the factory mag release cutouts will be there and look funny. I have fitted all these options to a 7rm ADL from the 60's into a r700 classic stock, first to BDL, then to Kwik klip, and now too factory dBm setup.

I currently have a DBM action (didn't realize it when i bought it nor did the seller mention it, thought they were all the same... I was wrong) and I'd like to put it into a BDL stock since locating a DM bottom, especially a factory one, is proving difficult. So i have a couple options from the great responses here. Use a Kwik-Klip conversion kit in the BDL stock or a Wyatt's extended mag; looks like the CE-13 is just a drop in with no mods necessary to the action.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.