Remington 700 accuracy improvements?

WEATHERBY460

New 300 RUM in the American wilderness rifle, what can I do besides adding a muzzle break and getting a bedding job to improve its accuracy? (Jewell trigger is going in)

Thanks

I would say shoot it and see how it does. Then determine if the extra effort/$$$/time is worth the potential gains. I think the trigger, brake, and bedding is going to set it up nicely. Are you going to load your own? If so, that too can allow you to see the full potential.

Sounds like your on the right track, just don't cheap out on the scope.

Or mounting solution. Good base and rings are essential to keeping your scope where it needs to be.

Yep no doubt. Don't skimp on a good 20 moa base and rings. there is all kinds of stuff to do there too. You can lap the rings although good rings don't usually need it. You can have the base anchors upgraded and even have the base pinned if you wanted. Kinda over kill for a production gun but to each there own.

Have a reputable gunsmith who specializes in "accuracy" install and chamber a high quality barrel, restock with a Manners or McMillan stock at the same time

Have a reputable gunsmith who specializes in "accuracy" install and chamber a high quality barrel, restock with a Manners or McMillan stock at the same time
The AWR rifles have factory 5R barrels on them, and a Greyboe stock... All that should be needed is blueprinting the action (while it's pulled apart), bedding the action, floating the barrel, trigger swap, and if he gets the break installed, to have it re-crowned with a recessed target crown while it's getting threaded. Just a typical accurizing package. Shouldn't cost more than $250-350.

Use a good 1 piece rail and strong rings. Preferably a rail with a recoil lug or pinned to the action. Depending on rifle weight a 300rum has some solid recoil energy, combine that with a 30oz scope and the rings/rail become important.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.