Remington 700 7mm RUM re-barrel advice

dprewett

Started out as a Rem Mag. Rechambered to Ultra Mag to extend barrel life. Love the Ultra. I have a pac-nor 3-groove 1:8 twist SS barrel but I don't have to use it. I have a new reamer from Dave Kiff with .150 freebore.I would like to shoot 160gr. and heavier bullets. Thoughts anyone?
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I dont have any experience with the 7 RUM but I would think the barrel you have would work fine for the bullets your wanting to shoot.As for extending barrel life,well.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chamber your current barrel with the new reamer to fireform brass & save a significant % of your new barrel's life. Screw on the PacNor & go to it. The 1:8 will easily stabilize 175-180s. Be ready to set back your chamber at under 1K rounds. But oh, what that 7mmRUM will do downrange ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sorry I wasn't clear. The throat was eroded and I wanted to try the ultra so I rechambered to RUM. Me likes very much.:) That rifle and I have become good friends. Now I can't chase the lands anymore if I want a repeater. I just wish I had ordered a sendaro profile instead of the #7.

[ QUOTE ]
im runnin 175 MKs and 180 bergers out of my 7 rum with a 30" lilja 1-9 twist. seems to work real well

[/ QUOTE ]

Is 1:8 Too fast?

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.