Remington 700 5R Tactical 300 WinMag weight?

BadDogPSD

Does anyone know what this gun weighs? I'm thinking it will be in the 8 pound range, but would like to verify before I order one. Thanks!

Man, if I had to guess I'd say 8-10 lbs for the 26" barreled model.

I know my 5R 24" .308 Win is pretty hefty with a scope on it.

Finding a scope that's capable of doing that that rifle can, range-wise, that's gonna be hard to keep it under 10.5....Especially if you put a NF on top of it...Which would be my suggestion if you are using it for LR hunting and shooting.

I have a 5r 300 win mag and with a 26" barrel, harris bipod, sling, and burris black diamond scope it weighs 10 lbs. I also do alot of backpacking and hunting trips where I sometimes hike 4-6 miles one way. This rifle can be a little heavy but I would still recommend it strongly. I have never been happier with a rifle. Just the bare gun weighs about 8.5 lbs. Just to answer BadDogPSD's question. I think this gun is possibly the most accurate rifle out of the box on the market. i get .3-.5 inch groups with it on a consistent basis.

I know this is an old thread but, I had a 5r 300 Win Mag, with a 26" barrel, a Swarovski Z6 3-18x50 scope and a Niggeloh Sling. Nightforce 1 pce steel rail and Nightforce Ultra Light 30mm rings (no bipod) and, without weighing it, deemed it too heavy to tote long distances over hills etc. However, it shot just fine, probably being the most accurate rifle I've had to date!

I'm now getting a custom built .300 RUM. With a Carbon Fibre Hunter Stock, a Proof Research 28" Carbon Wrapped Sendero Contour Barrel, screwed to a Defiance Deviant Hunter Action, Terminator T3 Muzzle Brake, Swarovski X5i 5-25x56 Scope, Sun Shade and Flip-Up Lens Protectors. Nightforce Ultra Light Rings, Niggeloh Sling and Harris 9-13" (I think it is) bipod, and the total weight is 11lb... I haven't received it yet, however, I can't help but think I'm jumping out of the frypan and into the fire 'weight-wise' with this new baby? That's the reason I wanted to go Carbon in the first place, to get a more lighter 'totable' rifle!

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.