Remington 700 5R Muzzle Brake?

I cant shoot muzzle brakes because my hearing was ruined while in the military and I have severe tinnitus! I found a gunsmith that makes a brake that sends the noise away from me and that solved the problem ! I wear custom ear plugs for targets and hunting
Well Sir apparently I followed in your footsteps, as did quite a few I know. I'm sure back in your military days things were different. Imagine how much of your hearing you'd have left if you'd been wearing protection the whole time. If you ever get to the point that firing a rifle, with or without a brake, doesn't bother your hearing then the permanent collateral damage is already set and you will only keep making it worse.
I have somewhat of a device that helps keep the noise from coming back at me too, a suppressor.:D

Well Sir apparently I followed in your footsteps, as did quite a few I know. I'm sure back in your military days things were different. Imagine how much of your hearing you'd have left if you'd been wearing protection the whole time. If you ever get to the point that firing a rifle, with or without a brake, doesn't bother your hearing then the permanent collateral damage is already set and you will only keep making it worse.
I have somewhat of a device that helps keep the noise from coming back at me too, a suppressor.:D

Same here! I spent my 10 years in flightline aircraft maintenance and exposed in noise levels 120db+ for 10-12 hour shifts. The good thing is, I practiced good hearing protection use. Back then, just a foamie and a regular headset type ear protection. I am also one of those people that wear ear protection, goggles, shoes, gloves when I use high powered tools or machineries, i.e., high powered tools, mowing, snow blowing, etc.

And yes, shhhhpresors are awesome! :cool:

I can't remember the name of the guy who published the article, but he tested multiple brakes on multiple calibers. For 300 WM (which I was interested in), the APA Little Bastard was the best for reduction of measured recoil (40% reduction) and muzzle rise. So I bought one for about $120, and love it.
Re the threads: 5/8" --24 is standard for 30 cal brakes and suppressors. And $100 is standard cost to have a machinist add threads to the end of your barrel.
It was Cal Zant's Precision Rifle Blog, published in 2015. He did extensive testing.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.