• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Remington 700 300 Win. Mag barreled action

ekmclendon

I have a Remington 700 SS LA that has been trued, has a 18" spiral fluted Bartlein 1-10 barrel. The barrel is threaded 5/8x24 and has a thread protector that you can't tell its threaded when on. It's chambered in 300 Win mag. Bolt has over size knob and action has Jewell trigger and NF 20 moa base. Action and barrel have been painted black. All work was done by Long Rifles Inc.. Forgot to mention the bolt is spiral fluted too. I have been shooting 155gr tipped match kings over RL22 at 3100fps. Gun shoots in the .2's and will shoot sub .5" at 300yds $1000 shipped

image.jpg

How in the Wide Wide World of Sports are you getting 3,100 fps out of 18" and groups like that?

I'm not loading correctly.

Please share your secrets so I can emulate this. I have a 26" finished bartlein and I'm only getting 2,985 fps with 1/2 MOA.

I'm loading with Norma brass, Federal 215 primers, Sierra tipped match kings 155gr. And RL22. I know some barrels can be surprisingly slow and some surprisingly fast. I don't think 3100 is real fast for a 18" with 155's though. I have a 16" encore 300wm that shoots Hornady 165gr superformance ammo at 2975. Most 26" 300 WM's I've messed with would shoot 180's in the velocity range you say your in.

Ah, yes. I made the ASSumption that you'd be shooting 180's . . . doh!

I'm shooting 185's at that speed.

I'm seriously considering having my barrel cut down to 22" or so and shooting lighter bullets. My rifle, while not a hog, is heavy for carrying as far as I pack in. It's all fine and dandy when I'm laying down with fur in the scope, but before and after that, it's cumbersome.