Remington 700 .270 Win to 300 Win Mag

scsims

I'm planning on buiding a custom 300 WM off of a Rem 700 action. I have a 270 that I plan on using. I know that my gunsmith would have to modify the bolt to make it work.

I'd like to know how much trouble this is and the cost? Would it be better for me to trade my 270 for a 7mm mag or 300 mag to start with?

You can try to swap the bolt rather than have it opened up. The rest of it depends on how you want the rifle configured. You need a different follower if your not using a magazine set up.

I'm planning on buiding a custom 300 WM off of a Rem 700 action. I have a 270 that I plan on using. I know that my gunsmith would have to modify the bolt to make it work.

I'd like to know how much trouble this is and the cost? Would it be better for me to trade my 270 for a 7mm mag or 300 mag to start with?

If you trust and work closely with your gunsmith, he should be able to answer your query! :cool:

When i had my 6br built it was a .223, my 'smith opened up the bolt face and installed a sako extractor and since he was accurizing the action too he didn't charge me to open it up. Just for sako extractor and blueprint. Some guys are like that.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.