remington 700 22-250 vtr 24 inch brl

Never had one, bu I did some research on it while I was choosing my paper puncher, as far as 22-250 this is 1:14 twist barrel, not major changes from regular rem 700, but they did use 1:9 twist on .223 which made it more "tactical", as far as 24" barrel it is really 22" since muzzle break takes 2", I think Cabelas has VTR specially made for them with longer 24" which are not using muzzle break, triangular barrel is another thing, some people feel that its wrong , since it became less rigid, sp I'll say if you really after triangular shape 22" barrel this is riffle for you, personally I would recommend faster twist, so you can push bullets farther. Savage has their varmint models in 1:12 twist

Last edited:
I had a remington 700 sps in 22-250 and burned the barrel up in about 1500 rounds. I am not familar with the VTR but I think it's the triangle barrel. My best advice is to go find any used 700 add a good barrel, stock, scope and jewel trigger and you will have a rifle that will last about4000 rounds. As far as the twist if you go with a 1-14 you are stuck with max 52 grain bullet. A 1-8 twist you can load up with 80 grain vld's and shoot as far as you dare.

If you like it then defiantly buy it, just I would consider the one from Cabelas with extra 2" should add 60 fps in the long run, and the muzzle breaker will keep people way from your bench but for the field work its fine.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.