Remington 660

Powerfisher

Well, I was looking for a Rem 700 in a .243 and ended up getting a Rem 660 in a .243.........nice little rifle. It has already been sent to Remington for the trigger problem. Other than that, I dont know much about the 600/660 series. If anybody could educate me a little, that would be awesome. Thanks.

Tony

Powerfisher, Depends on the overall condition of the rifle, Give it a good cleaning and you probably have an excellent weapon. They are quick to point and accurate in all the models I have seen. Don't let the short barrel scare you. They are easy to shoot , recommend earplugs at all times. 243 is an excellent deer, and coyote rifle with the appropriate scope. I have seen 3 x 9 x 40 or 50mm can be very effective Will it take the place of a M700 depends on what you want to use it for. For target and hunting to 200-250 it is hard to beat. M700 with a longer barrel options the variety is open to your wants and desires.

Good Luck

Thanks for your help. It seems like a nice little rifle. My 11 year old put it up to his shoulder last night and the LOP is just about perfect for him. I think I am going to put a limb saver on it for him though. I have a feeling that the butt plate wont be enough for him. That will increase the LOP a bit but he handles my 700 30.06 just fine so, he should be good. Anybody else with info on my new rifle?

Tony

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts