remington 660 in 350 rem mag

bigchief71

Looking for some knowlege on a rem 660 in 350 rem mag. Need to know pro and cons and what its worth. Thanks

PRO: short and light (easy to handle)
CON: short and light (RECOIL)

value, I've seen 'em anywhere from $425 (beat to hell) to $950.00 (new in box),
if one of those produced for "centenial" or "on of" with medalion in stock, slightly higher in the right market.

Looking for some knowlege on a rem 660 in 350 rem mag. Need to know pro and cons and what its worth. Thanks

I use a lot of these rifles as donors because they have a good action and stock, and make fine
carry rifles in the newer Short Mags from 6.5 to 338. They have the Magnum bolt face and this
reduces cost.

The 350 round is very powerful and with the 300 grain can reach 3500 ft/lbs of energy. The down
side of this is recoil. the rifle is small and light and recoil is brutal to most shooters. The Short
Mags in smaller calibers can reach this energy with a lot less recoil.

Accuracy is not very good at distances of over 200 yards in most cases because of bullet selection
and the vented rib that Rem installed on them. The vented rib was installed very well with o rings
to allow the barrel to grow some but the effects on harmonics is terrible.

I have taken the vented rib off and accuracy improved, But it looked like crap with all of the holes
in it, So normally I re barrel them to solve all of those problems.

A 350 rem in a 660 in excellent condition should bring somewhere between $500.00 and $600.00
dollars anything less than that is a good buy for a Donner.

Not a lot of info but maybe it will help.

J E CUSTOM

Thanks for the info. Helps me out a lot. Sounds like I m gettin a good deal at 400 bucks. Its in really good condition. May be good trade on other type of rifle later. Thanks again

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.