Remington 5R Action Screw Torque?

TORCHRIDER

I have a Remington 5R Stainless 24" 300 Win Mag in an HS Precision stock. What are you guys torqueing the action screws to? Is there a method for doing this on a Remington action (i.e. front screw first, then rear, etc.). I am used to Savages but have little experience with Remington's.

Might not be how everybody does it, but it works for me...

65 inch-pounds, and I always start them both and get them snug by-hand to make sure the magbox isn't pinched and everything is in place. Then I torque the front screw, then the trigger guard screw.

65 inch-pounds, and I always start them both and get them snug by-hand to make sure the magbox isn't pinched and everything is in place. Then I torque the front screw, then the trigger guard screw.

Thanks MudRunner!

I run all of my remington 700s at 40 in lbs. They all shoot very well there.

I might also add, I run all my synthetic stocked 700's (with aluminum bedding blocks) at 65 inch-pounds. Wood stocked rifles that have been bedded, I run at 45 inch-pounds.

+1. This is what H-S recommends and what I use on my 5R and my other H-S stocks also.

If pillars are installed I torque to 65in lb's. Even synthetic stocks ( depending on brand ) as timber have to be careful on the torque as both will compress. Seeing as you have a HS Precision stock you shouldn't have any issues.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts