Remington 300 RUM

Here's a 300 RUM (Rem M700 LSS LH) that belongs to my BIL.

I did the loading on this one.

I'll have to check my notes, but I don't think I chrono'd this load.

It did shoot right at 0.6" for 3 shots at 100 meters (109 yds). Nosler 180 Accubond, 80.0gr IMR4350, R-P case (I'll have to check the primer...)

Regards,
Rog

Here's a 300 RUM (Rem M700 LSS LH) that belongs to my BIL.

I did the loading on this one.

I'll have to check my notes, but I don't think I chrono'd this load.

It did shoot right at 0.6" for 3 shots at 100 meters (109 yds). Nosler 180 Accubond, 80.0gr IMR4350, R-P case (I'll have to check the primer...)

Regards,
Rog
Cool!..Thanks a lot Rog. Thats the load I wanted to try too. I got it from the #7 nosler reloading book and wanted to start there and see what happens..what did you think of that load? you happy with that load ? looks good to me. If you decide to shoot at a further distance will you please let me know the results?

thanks

baydog

RETUMBO is a great powder for the .300 RUM, so get some if you find it.

I hate to chim in to threads like this. There is a lot of info on the 300 RUM in this forum. The slower the powder the better this gun performs. You can not go wrong with retumbo from 180 to 230 grain bullets. Even H1000 is a little too fast. You will get your best accuracy and speed from retumbo. Please search this thread and you will see all the info based on the case. You can run 99 to 103 with 180 grains and 92 to 94 with 208 to 210 grains. You won't be disappointed. The next powder will be either reloader 25 or 33.

Hope this hepls

Here in Copperfornia I use Barnes 180 TTXS and a good stiff load of IMR7828. So far a good in 2 300 RUMs. I usually don't load this hot but it works.

I hate to chim in to threads like this. There is a lot of info on the 300 RUM in this forum. The slower the powder the better this gun performs. You can not go wrong with retumbo from 180 to 230 grain bullets. Even H1000 is a little too fast. You will get your best accuracy and speed from retumbo. Please search this thread and you will see all the info based on the case. You can run 99 to 103 with 180 grains and 92 to 94 with 208 to 210 grains. You won't be disappointed. The next powder will be either reloader 25 or 33.

Hope this hepls

Thanks moto450.. Got some Retumbo today and have 200grain Accubonds on they're way. Thanks for your concern and help

baydog

Cool!..Thanks a lot Rog. Thats the load I wanted to try too. I got it from the #7 nosler reloading book and wanted to start there and see what happens..what did you think of that load? you happy with that load ? looks good to me. If you decide to shoot at a further distance will you please let me know the results?

thanks

baydog

Bay dog, I loaded this particular load since my BIL wanted a reduced load. It should be about 300WM POWER LEVEL or so.

I chose it in part due to the commentary in the Nosler #7 manual.

If it were my gun, I'd stoke it up and load some Retumbo with some heavier bullets.

His gun is a factory gun, and a lefty and stainless to boot.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!! It's been a while since I have visited here but I got a hair puller problem I can't find the answer to and thought ya'll if you had the time to take a look at what I got going on and any help at all I would very much appreciate! I started on this site last year asking about the Remington Sendero 300 rum I bought and what kind of reload recipes suggestions ya'll had.. I ended up loading some 180gr noslers with the retumbo powder and some 200 gr accubonds with the retumbo powder and everyone was right about the heavier bullets.. The gun definitely likes the heavier bullests...The bigger the better..The problem I have is after reloading about 50 rounds of each grain bullet if have a lot that won't let me close the bolt. If I give the bolt a thump with my hand to try to close it then I have to take a cleaning rod and drop down the barrel to get the round out of the chamber and if I thump hard enough then that piece of brass getsw mushroomed at the top and is trash. I have measured and miked everything and every where I know to..Here are some of the measurements I got;OAL. on one that will chamber go and bolt closes easy is 3.604, one that is bad and won't let me shut bolt 3.596 measure. At top of neck with bullet pressed in good brass .337 bad brass .337 At the top of the brass where it starts to bottle neck good is .523 bad is .524 Middle way the brass good is .535 bad is .535 Very bottom good .548 bad is .548 Good from bottom of the case to the top of the neck is 2.825 bad one is 2.828 any help or suggestions to what to check or look for I would really thank you for..Thanks for your time and help..

Scotty

May want to check brass length and make sure it isn't too long for your chamber.

+1... Also check your bore to make sure you don't have carbon buildup in the throat jacking your pressures up... It'll put the kibosh an easy ejection of normal loads also. Get some hoppes #9 and a good bronze brush and scrub her 'till she's clean if the throat is filled. Been, there.... sucks to get baked in carbon.... might take a couple of days intermittent soaking and scrubbing if that's it...
I've seen carbon so bad the lands were full for the first couple of inches copper cleaners that aren't good at carbon removal are good for this.. also patching without at least some brushing...

Hey Lefty! Good to talking to ya again..You've been good to me helping me tame this beast. I got it last March or April and needed a lot of help and I thank you for your time and help that you've gave me. I believe I'm on to something with the problem i have with the bolt not wanting to shut with some of my reloads..I scrubbed the chamber and I scrubbed some more. It does seem to build up in this gun more than any gun I've owned. The Problem I'm 99% sure was I just wasn't resizing or shorting the shoulder enough. I had to end up screwing the die down so far that it does actually cam over but it seems to be doing the trick..I knocked the bullets and powder out of a couple of rounds that wouldn't chamber or let me shut the bolt and kept screwing the resizing down until it actually started to cam over. I was waiting for a mushroom top to pop out but finally I kept screwing down the die and trying to chamber it until I thought the bolt was getting easier to shut and finally hit that sweet spot and not it is as slick as butter!! I WILL get this gun shooting like it should come hell or high water!!...as long as They keep letting me on this website! lol
Thanks
Scotty

Thanks for you help Buttermilk..I just wasn't resizing enough. I wasn't shorting the shoulder up enough. I had to screw the resizing die down so much that it actually cams over but that did the trick.
Thanks again
Scotty

Good to hear you've got it! Sounds like you've got a rather tight chamber... good thing as your brass isn't getting stretched as much that way...
I was hoping you weren't having pressure issues from carbon buildup (the high pressures hammer the web so hard that the dies have a hard time getting the brass small enough to work well even if they eject) causing the sticky brass but I've heard and seen it so I thought I'd toss that out as well.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.