• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Remington 300 RUM W/dies, cases, and factory ammo

freddiej

I have a nearly new Rem 700 chambered in 300 RUM. It comes with 3 boxes of ammo, Redding Reloading dies, and a box of 25 Norma virgin brass. I have a major problem with this gun; it does not fit me and I am not spending any more money on it. I got it for work and services completed on another gun. I have thoroughly cleaned up the gun, inspected it, oiled it, and tried to shoot it. The first and only shot I put through this gun cured me of ever wanting this caliber or the gun.
I had the muzzle brake put on before I shot it.
I ordered 2 boxes of ammo and the reloading dies and brass. The third box of ammo came with the rifle
I am asking $1,500.00 for the whole package.
29.JPG28.JPG25.JPG24.JPG23.JPG22.JPG21.JPG20.JPG18.JPG

Attachments

• 19.JPG
    19.JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 313
Yup, they are. I thought my 338 Lapua hit hard, this thing well, the stock is too short and the grip is too big and it just not fit me. so yea, it hit harder than normal. I have absolutely no problem selling this to finance getting what I really want.

that is one reason I stopped sinking money into it and stopped shooting. one shot and I was just done. will not put more into it. just want what I have into it. that is it. need it gone and start with the gun I ad stolen from me. that gun was great. this one sucks.

Absolutely Love this Gun !
It's just bad timing for me .
Wish I had what you were looking for !!
I shot my old one in a long range course , 70 shots fired that day no brake and I was two points under a Army Sniper on the team ! My first time hitting at 1400 yards on steel ! I will never forget that day , 112 clicks , deep breath ,release , squeeze and ting !!

GLWS

Rum Man

RUM Man, I am happy for you. I really am. I need a 15-1/4" length of pull and this has a 13-1/2" length of pull and it hammered me harder than I care to state. BTW also came down with a severe case of "scope bite". I am so glad my eye brow covers the scar for the most part. I have had nothing but bad luck with the rifle and I am happy to let someone else have it whom will have better luck with the rifle. also giving me enough to get a certain 270-264 Win Mag a new barrel, Leupold 5 HD scope and McMillan stock. I was going to rip this apart and make a 270-300 win Mag out of it, but thought differently. so it's up for sale.

I'm sure it will sell soon . Guys are winding up the fall hunting season and will be looking for different Rifles .

Rum Man

😂. They are a beast for sure!
I read this thread and had to speak up. There is something wrong here. Perhaps the brake, length of pull, shooting position, stock, or something else. Or a combination of one or all. I have one and love it. Beast in only one respect the beat down on the recipient.

I read this thread and had to speak up. There is something wrong here. Perhaps the brake, length of pull, shooting position, stock, or something else. Or a combination of one or all. I have one and love it. Beast in only one respect the beat down on the recipient.
If it's not setup for the user, it's violent on both ends. No other way about it.

Smith J 99: the barrel is 25-1/2" to the back of the brake.

Geo4061: yup, you are right. I need a longer length of pull by nearly 1.5". there are other problems with fitment to me as well. I just do not need it either so I am selling it to help finance my long lost Winchester 70 custom 270-264 W/M.

Nubba0681, it's definitly not setup for this guy. it's also not needed. it must find a new home.