Remembering the Older Days of Reloading/Shooting

I can remember only about 7 years ago buying Federal .22 550 Rd. boxes for under $12.00. I still have a bunch 😉 I look at prices for box of 50 and just shake my head and think I'm glad I'm a prepper. Same goes to reloading supplies . Price tag shock on some of the old stuff 😳
$164 for a 1k box of match primers. Where's the nearest bridge???

$164 for a 1k box of match primers. Where's the nearest bridge???
Just to give you some hope...I recently, accidentally received 31 individual shipments of match primers due to a shipping error! Not all of them had just a thousand per order either. I did work with the company and get them returned so some of you will be getting your primers a little late but they are still coming! It was hard to see them go!!!🙂

I wish I still had mine.I bought it at a Western Auto store in the early 60's and gave it to my brother.He died in 2019 and his son got it and sold it.
Doesn't that beat all. There was an old timer that had 50/110 sharps. Rolling block. It was in mint condition. We would use it in displays at Boy Scout O-Ram's. An his nephew son got it. He didn't shoot or hunt, and he sold it to boot. I know my sons would not do that. They like firearms just as much as I do. They both reload too. The oldest grandson is learning to reload.

I can remember only about 7 years ago buying Federal .22 550 Rd. boxes for under $12.00. I still have a bunch 😉 I look at prices for box of 50 and just shake my head and think I'm glad I'm a prepper. Same goes to reloading supplies . Price tag shock on some of the old stuff 😳
Yes. I have a few "bricks" from the $9.99 days at Wally World, and I sensed things would never last. Thus, every payday, I would buy another brick to add to the shelf. Several years back when the first 22LR shortage hit, I sold 10 bricks for $50/ea, but quickly learned they were selling them in Denver for $100/ea. Since then, I stopped selling and have enough to last the rest of my years.

Yes. I have a few "bricks" from the $9.99 days at Wally World, and I sensed things would never last. Thus, every payday, I would buy another brick to add to the shelf. Several years back when the first 22LR shortage hit, I sold 10 bricks for $50/ea, but quickly learned they were selling them in Denver for $100/ea. Since then, I stopped selling and have enough to last the rest of my years.
👍🏼

Not to detract from the original thread, the "Good Old Days" did not apply to shooting and reloading alone, as some in this thread have already pointed out.
For those of you who relish the idea of have a good old fashion muscle car from the 1960's or 70's, remember that back the you could buy a GTO or Charger or Camaro or Mustang or Barracuda and more for about $3500 bucks off the showroom floor or special order. Look at the going prices today at auctions for some of them.
I'm thrilled to have one of my favorites from that era...

Attachments

• Y5I3WK.gif
    Y5I3WK.gif
    6.4 MB · Views: 96
Not to detract from the original thread, the "Good Old Days" did not apply to shooting and reloading alone, as some in this thread have already pointed out.
For those of you who relish the idea of have a good old fashion muscle car from the 1960's or 70's, remember that back the you could buy a GTO or Charger or Camaro or Mustang or Barracuda and more for about $3500 bucks off the showroom floor or special order. Look at the going prices today at auctions for some of them.
I've never considered taking up golf until just now!

I bought my new 1967 Camaro SS 396 (L35), 4 spd, 12 bolt rear, for $3285.00 All in. Had to go there. Days gone by...

Ooops, sorry about that, I clicked on the wrong image. Delete if necessary please.
Here is the image I meant to share.
I had a '68 GTO, and I still have my 70 Mustang Mach 1. Mustang is still under going an extensive restoration after the now ex went curb hopping with it at speed, breaking the frame in 3 places. My oldest girl has been involved with the repairs from day 1. As a birthday gift one year, I altered the title to the car, making her the co-owner. Her husband was speechless....