Remember the Accelerator line of cartridges?

My buddy had a 30-06 back in the day and so he tried a box of these but I recall that we preferred .22 rimfire. We also had a few rounds each of surplus 30-06 armor piercing and also tracer ammo; very fun.

Was just going to link those sabots but I've been beat to the punch. Relive the glory days! I remember dreaming of these when I couldn't afford a second rifle.

My friend's father had some for his Winchester model 70 in 30-06 and like most everyone else he didn't do so hot with them. He used them mainly to teach my friend and I to shoot a larger caliber centerfire rifle since they had significantly less recoil compared to even a 150gr.

Fast forward a couple decades and I found a few boxes at an estate sale chambered in 30-30Win. I thought they would be fun in my Savage 340. They actually didn't do to bad out of that little 340 with the peep sight. Never shot a live animal with them so I don't know how well they would've performed but looking up the velocity online just now I think they would've done quite well. 3600fps for a 55gr .224cal bullet is pretty respectable in my book.

My friend's father had some for his Winchester model 70 in 30-06 and like most everyone else he didn't do so hot with them. He used them mainly to teach my friend and I to shoot a larger caliber centerfire rifle since they had significantly less recoil compared to even a 150gr.

Fast forward a couple decades and I found a few boxes at an estate sale chambered in 30-30Win. I thought they would be fun in my Savage 340. They actually didn't do to bad out of that little 340 with the peep sight. Never shot a live animal with them so I don't know how well they would've performed but looking up the velocity online just now I think they would've done quite well. 3600fps for a 55gr .224cal bullet is pretty respectable in my book.
That little 340 was a neat little rifle! Used it on a moose hunt once and always wanted to pick one up for kids!

I do believe that you are correct MtPockets I also believe the discussion was at that point loading your own .

This brings back some memories, in college we bought a kit with a special seating stem. At the time the 75 grain a max was the hotness but we had slow twist 223cal guns. Sabots didn't fit then, think the longest bullet we seated was a 60 grain nosler. We were stuffing them in a 300wsm using data that was published for a 300 win mag.

Think we flung all 100 of them at squirrels with the hope of epic splatter... never did get a hit.

Around the time they were put out on the market I knew a guy that built a 24-06 his answer to the swift and a few other chamberings . I don't recall what 224 cal bullets he ran or his twist rate nor the powder he used as he isn't alive now I can't ask to find out . It is an interesting line of thought and I might find it interesting to hear what people come up with if they do a little loading of them on their own . Kind of like the 6.5x06 interesting and another answer to other chamberings .

Around the time they were put out on the market I knew a guy that built a 24-06 his answer to the swift and a few other chamberings . I don't recall what 224 cal bullets he ran or his twist rate nor the powder he used as he isn't alive now I can't ask to find out . It is an interesting line of thought and I might find it interesting to hear what people come up with if they do a little loading of them on their own . Kind of like the 6.5x06 interesting and another answer to other chamberings .
I'm building a 22-06AI as we speak

I'm building a 22-06AI as we speak

I gotta ask why the the 22-3006?

I'm not judging one way or another, bought my 223wssm because a local store had redding die on clearance for 20$. The 22-284 was an estate sale with a deal on some rusty dies and a wore out reamer. "Just because" is a good enough reason, but is it a oal benefit? Brass options? Ease of forming? Already have dies?

Have been toying with a 220 redline (6.5 saum based), but am curios as to the logic behind various different overbore 223cal.

I gotta ask why the the 22-3006?

I'm not judging one way or another, bought my 223wssm because a local store had redding die on clearance for 20$. The 22-284 was an estate sale with a deal on some rusty dies and a wore out reamer. "Just because" is a good enough reason, but is it a oal benefit? Brass options? Ease of forming? Already have dies?

Have been toying with a 220 redline (6.5 saum based), but am curios as to the logic behind various different overbore 223cal.
How many 22/06AI's have you seen?