Rem700 in 300 WSM?

ATH

Is there not a heavy-barrel version of the Rem700 available in 300 WSM? Remington does not seem to want to promote the competing cartridge, I can't seem to find this combination factory-available. Am I going to have to custom the sucker? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Just bought a Rem 700 SPS in 300 WSM, 24" factory sporter contour. Weight is 7 3/8 lbs. Cost was $439 NIB.

Plan is to fire lap barrel, lap lugs, tune the trigger and see if chamber is centered. Restock into Brown Precision 1lb stock, High Tech 20oz stock or Bruce Baer laminated thumbhole lightened up to 2 lbs or less.

Trying for .5-.75 MOA with factory barrel. this will be strictly 7lb carry gun. If I have to rebarrel, then we go whole hog and lighten it up and come in at 6 lbs.

You can always buy rem or used 1kr br 30 cal barrel and rechamber and still be .5 MOA or less.

BH

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts