Rem SF Sendero 7mm STW with Leupold Mark5 HD

Your's is the Gen 1 Sendero SF. I personally prefer it over the gen 2, mostly because I like the stock better on the Gen 1 but I wouldn't turn down a deal on either Gen 1 or Gen 2.

I've debated keeping the 7mm STW Sendero in the safe and getting a 7mm Mag Tikka for hunting. What do y'all think? Sendero or Tikka for hunting out of box blinds over bean fields? The 7mm STW is super impressive but the Sendero is bulky.
Sendero all the way. If you have a comfortable way to carry it to the box blind, no worries. When you are in the blind it doesn't matter what it weighs, in fact the weight will help steady the rifle.

I've debated keeping the 7mm STW Sendero in the safe and getting a 7mm Mag Tikka for hunting. What do y'all think? Sendero or Tikka for hunting out of box blinds over bean fields? The 7mm STW is super impressive but the Sendero is bulky.
I have a Tikka T3 SS Lite in .270, and I use it as my mountain rifle over my Rem 700 7mag. I have killed whitetail and elk with it. Shoots very flat and reaches out to 500 easily. Friends who have had Tikkas in magnum calibers say they really kick.

My buddy that owned rifle reloaded for the 7mm STW but he had bought several boxes of the 140 grain Core Lokts. I wonder how those 140 grain Core Lokts would perform on game short range out to 700 yards.

Sounds like ^^^ you found one round it likes. That 162 performs very well. A friend of mine killed a nice Bull at just over 500 yards with that bullet last year. One shot high shoulder shot. Good luck.

I owned a M700 7 STW years ago when they first came off the factory and could never squeeze the accuracy I wanted out of it with a variety of bullets. While I could get 1 moa or slightly under, I could never get groups down to my goal of 0.5 moa. Of course there was not the bullet selection back then as it is today, but the long throats made it difficult to seat the bullets close enough to the lands. Am anxious to see which bullets and loads work best for you. Good luck with your fine rifle!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.