Rem SF Sendero 7mm STW with Leupold Mark5 HD

General RE LEE

Hello folks my first post here. I inherited from a friend that passed away his Remington 700 SF Sendero in 7mm STW. I'm making this my box blind over huge bean field 500 yard whitetail gun. The Sendero is heavy but I'll only hike less than a mile from truck to the box blind. I put a spooky awesome Leupold 3.6-18x44 Mark 5HD on her for dialing long range.
Will this be a serviceable long range hunting rifle? It likes Nosler Trophy Grade 175 grain Accubond Long Range factory ammo.

Attachments

• 1E7644E7-CD7C-447D-A9F1-D7CF415AAEAE.jpeg
    1E7644E7-CD7C-447D-A9F1-D7CF415AAEAE.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 525
I've debated keeping the 7mm STW Sendero in the safe and getting a 7mm Mag Tikka for hunting. What do y'all think? Sendero or Tikka for hunting out of box blinds over bean fields? The 7mm STW is super impressive but the Sendero is bulky.

I've debated keeping the 7mm STW Sendero in the safe and getting a 7mm Mag Tikka for hunting. What do y'all think? Sendero or Tikka for hunting out of box blinds over bean fields? The 7mm STW is super impressive but the Sendero is bulky.
I've had a tikka t3 270 wsm & still have a 7mm rem mag sendero sf, & my own build of a sendero 28" bbl 7mm stw.
I like the 7mmRM and the 7mm STW both. That 7mm stw sendero you have will sure make shots easy. The Tikka 7mm rem mag wil be nice also. You can do 500yds no problems with either but its a walk in the park for the STW you have.

Hello folks my first post here. I inherited from a friend that passed away his Remington 700 SF Sendero in 7mm STW. I'm making this my box blind over huge bean field 500 yard whitetail gun. The Sendero is heavy but I'll only hike less than a mile from truck to the box blind. I put a spooky awesome Leupold 3.6-18x44 Mark 5HD on her for dialing long range.
Will this be a serviceable long range hunting rifle? It likes Nosler Trophy Grade 175 grain Accubond Long Range factory ammo.
I'll share my condolences with some of the other members here on the loss of your friend. He had great taste in factory choice rifles. Those Sendero's shoot very good in most cases and I'll say in the 7 Remington mag or STW, you definitely have a solid 500 yard OR 1000 yard whitetail rifle. Your range sessions will determine better it's accuracy and reliability. Personally the 162 ELDs and 160 Noslers have been my two "Go too" bullets. The 160NP for up to 500 yards and 162s out to 1000+.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts