Rem Sendero VS Rem XCR

krake22

hey guys was hearing alot of good thinks about the rem sendero. what to know if there was alot of diff in the sendero VS rem XCR in lets sat the 7mm or 7mm ultra for accuracy. want a gun that can shoot out to 800yard why hunter deer elk bear. would the XCR be up to that?? any info would he a great help??

ok so the XCR i would have to do alot of extra work to it to take game out to 800yrds with it. and the sendero would be the better gun to go for? do you know of anyother guns in the price range as the sendero that is as good or better? for long range hunting

i would like to stay way from the 300 ultra mag the 7mm ,7mm ultra ,300wm or 300wsm is what im looking for thats tho but the recoil is to much for me in the 300 ultra

Sorry... I was thinking of the 300 RUM from another thread :rolleyes:

Of the ones you mention, I would pick the 300 WSM. The 7 ultra will have better ballistics, but by the time you develop a good LR load and work out any bugs and get some good practice, your barrel will probably be toast or close to it. The 300 WSM will have very good barrel life if you take care of it. One competitor won a match with one that had 4000 rounds down the tube. You can expect 1000 - 2000 from a 7 RM or 300 WM and less than 1000 from a 7 Ultra.

With the 300 WSM, I would opt for a Sub MOA Vanguard. There are going to be some guys who like the Savage and I have never shot one so i cant knock them, but I have handled both the Savage and the Vanguard and I like the Vanguard better based on that limited experience. I also have S&W M1500 in 7 RM which is made by Howa, which also makes the Vanguards, and i really like it. It's very smooth, well built and the trigger was a breeze to adjust. It's very crisp and set to about 1 lb and it's a tack driver - 28 years old and sub .5 MOA in a walnut stock shooting Nosler partitons the last time I shot it last year.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts