Rem Model Mohawk 600 CALIBER??

Unfortunately, I had retired my notes about the .250 Savage testing and shooting I've done so I didn't even consider it in my first post. However, after seeing the post above and after reviewing my notes and looking at the reloading data, I can strongly suggest the .250 Savage as a contender for this rifle action.

There are still plenty of bullets and powders available and Remington is still producing some decent brass. My load notes indicate that the best all around bullet was the 100 gr. Partition, of course. But it was interesting to read that I had loaded some 100 gr. Barnes TTSX-BT for a couple of very successful deer hunts.

Using a 1,000 ft/lbs limiter, that will get you to just about 400 yards so your choice of being a 'woods' cartridge is safe. This would also double as a fine coyote rifle because of the compact size and weight. Simply shift bullets to the lighter, slightly more frangible bullets and go calling. Ballistic Tips or VMAX would be my choice.

Enjoy!

Caliber could be flexible depending on bulk of your use. I have one converted to 6mm, Shilen barrel, Brown Precision stock, but I think it's important on these to change the safety, and trigger. I went with a Gentry 3 position safety, and Canjar many years ago.
So I guess I'd say it can be a rabbit hole experience if you aren't careful.

The .350 Remington requires a bolt face change, the .35 Remington too anemic for me. The .358 Winchester would hold some appeal, with either the 173 Sledge Hammer or 203 Sledge Hammer. Depending on how length all came together.

I'd probably go with a standard .308 myself.

I'd put a rail and reflex sight on it. Cut it for a kid, can't get the adults to leave it alone.
Thanks for the info! Is the brown precision stock fiberglass or wood? I found a wood one at numrich but would prefer fiberglass.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.