Rem model 700 police MLR in 338 lapua

hjl

I am after more info on this model.
Does it come with a heavy stainless barrel? What twist?
Does it come with a detachable mag? How many rounds does it hold?
Is the barrel 26 inches long?
Is the stock synthetic with a aluminium bedding block?
What does the rifle weigh?
How much are they in USA?
There is one for sale here in Australia for $2125.
Would this make a good rifle to built a 7mm Allen mag or 30/378 weatherby mag on?
Thanks for the info.
Regards.
hjl

This is not fact but you may want to look into it because I dont know for sure but I thought it was a an 40x action not the 700. I dont know the specs but if you go to remingtons lawenforcement site it might have the specs.

Hi i saw the add aswell i dont know if it is a rebuild one an Ultra MAg action it sounds to cheep for the one Remington is making it may be a build up. See if you can get any photo's if it is a rem made rifle it would be worth leaving as is and just using it as is because you could get a stock and action cheeper

Cheers Bill
Australia

if u were to get something like that, you might be best off to leave it as 338 lapua. thats a heck of a cartridge as is....

Hello,

Regarding the Remington 700 MLR .338 Lapua: you will find the information on the Remington Law Enforcement site hidden in the 2006 catalogue (download) in the list on page 22. There is a mention of a new product, the .338 Lapua. This is sure a welcome arrival as other .338 Lapua rifles are selling at prohibitive prices.

I ordered one at the end of October and expect to get it shortly. There wasn't much info other than that it has a 26 inch barrel but I trust Remington. They usually offer a fine product for the price. As soon as I get the rifle, I will give you the details on it. I hope they included a muzzle brake.

Best regards

Hi,

Check the board for my reply to "pythonwill". The Remington 700 MLR .338 Lapua in question is Remington Order no. 5645 (USA). See Remington Law Enforcemenr site, Download 2006 catalogue, look on page 22 for details. Rifle has 26 inch barrel, weighs 9 lbs, 3 shot capacity, 1/10" twist.

I ordered one right away when I found out what the price was and I expect to get it shortly. Will keep you posted.

Wish you one also.

Best regards,

Ray Strokowski

Hi,

I bought it from a local sports shop in Chicoutimi, Quebec but they didn't even know it existed. I had to give them the Remington Order number. If you want to order from them, I can arrange that they call you or you call them. I prefer they give you the price but it is very affordable.

Best regards

Hi,

I gave the dealer your E-mail and he should contact you shortly. He is quite knowledgeable on rifles and a good chap to deal with. He is French speaking but his English is fairly good. Keep me informed if all is well.

Best regards

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts