• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Rem Model 7 Semi-Custom 243 Win

azsugarbear

Thinning out the herd. This sweet little number is a Remington Model 7 chambered in the venerable 243 Winchester. The only remaining factory parts on this rifle are the action, BDL style bottom metal and the X-Mark trigger. Everything else is aftermarket and/or custom. The barrel is a Benchmark SS fluted barrel with #4 contour (0.665 at the muzzle). It is 22" in length ans has a fast 1 in 7" twist to stabilize the heavy-for-caliber bullets. Grouping 0.5" to 0.75" MOA with Berger 105 gr, VLD's when you do your part. The action was re-faced prior to spinning on the Benchmark barrel. Current round count is 289, with most of these at the range. All gunsmithing was done by benchrest hall-of-famer, Gary O'Cock. Rifle is Cerakoted in a fiver color digital camo pattern using light sage color as the base. Weighs 8.5 pounds with the scope (not included). I estimate the bare rifle will be just over 7 pounds without the scope and rings/base. This is a great rig. Built for grandkids, which have since moved away. I just never find the time to shoot it. Basically a safe queen.

The scope is a Sightron SII Big Sky 6.5-20x50mm. These have been discontinued and are hard to come by on the used scope market. It is one of the very few lightweight, one inch scope tubes that has parallax adjustment. It is not part of the offering, but could be negotiated as part of the sale if buyer was interested.

Here is what it would cost to reproduce this rifle today:

Remington Model 7 (S&H+ FFL Fees) $650
B&C Medalist sporter contour stock $300
Benchmark SS Fluted Barrel $440
Gunsmithing $300
Ceracote (5 color camo) $200

TOTAL: $1,890

Price is $1,475 shipped to your door (lower 48 please). Not looking for any trades at this time. I try to be up front with everything I sell. An "I'll take it" posted in the thread will always trump any and all PM's. Save the PM's for questions or other comments.

Attachments

• Rem7 1.JPG
    Rem7 1.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 409
  • Rem7 2.JPG
    Rem7 2.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 118
  • Rem7 3.JPG
    Rem7 3.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 108
  • Rem7 4.JPG
    Rem7 4.JPG