rem model 7 7saum DBM

cowboy717

I just picked up this model 7 saum for a song and a dance. It's in decent shape but I may want to build off of it in the future. With the new DBM available now, will WSM mags fit in this DBM bottom metal? I've read that the 223 and the 308 mags fit but don't know about the WSM mags.
Thanks

The only problem with the Mod 7 is it is even shorter than the SA. In my SA, I use an AICS box in 308 and just spread the feed lips .080" which feeds the WSM size perfectly......Rich

I know that the model 7 will be shorter overall, but just wondering about the WSM mags in the badger ordnance or ptg dbm. Haven't seen many using them yet so didn't know if this is possible.

I know that the model 7 will be shorter overall, but just wondering about the WSM mags in the badger ordnance or ptg dbm. Haven't seen many using them yet so didn't know if this is possible.

I do not know if they make them for the 7 or not. If they do, it might be possible to easily modify if it is like my AI mag......Rich

I have not because everyone I've asked about doing a saum build on a model 7 are telling me it wont work. I still want to do this but I'm actually doing research on carbon wrapped barrels now. Would like to do a lightweight build. Manners EH5 stock. Carbon wrapped barrel. With a DBm. I think the 7 saum with 168's would be sweet.

Got. 6.5 saum built on a custom s/a, dbm, bartlien 2b 24" & Eh5 manners....Luv it
Also have two other 6.5 saum's built in different configurations. And five 7saum's built with one a mdl 7 action, the mdl 7 is a fav!

The 6.5 saum 4s has not been left out of this idea yet. Think the model 7 will work just fine for it.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.