REM-AGE builds

Somebody mentioned that his only problem was that they were ugly. I've seen a lot of men married to women who would never win a beauty contest and and they were extremely happy with them. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. In my case, I do my own work and by the time I pay for the action, bottom metal, trigger, barrel, stock, mounts, and scope, I have a lot of money invested. With a switch-barrel, my only expense is a new barrel. My last build cost me over $1400 plus the scope and I got discounts on the barrel and stock. Building a new rifle with a Proof Research, Bartlein, or Broughton barrel for less than $800 is a real plus. There are other options than the RemAge system which some don't recommend for "fat" cartridges like the Ultra Mags because of chamber wall thickness. There is one system almost identical to the RemAge which addresses this issue. Another is the "Switch Lug" which allows a barrel change using a Torx driver without having to take the action out of stock. I will probable make all three because I already have the actions and I want to build rifles utilizing the SAUM case. Being able to shoot different calibers with a simple switch-barrel will save thousands of dollars.

Just looked at those and customers are saying if you bump the barrel it will change your impact point. That won't be any good for a hunting rifle. Or any rifle really.
I looked at the west Texas ordinance one too and I'm not sure but it looks like what keeps the barrel from turning is the locking sleeve is pinned to the receiver. Not clear on how they actually work.
Shep

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts