Rem/Age barrels

Okie Whitetail Hunter

Does anyone else use Rem/Age barrel when building a rifle off of a rem 700?
I have but two 6.5 creed, one 6.5 prc and one 2506. They seem to work pretty well and with proper load development i have been able to get under MOA groups.

I have built over 20 rifles using the remage nut system. i have right now a 6.5 creedmoor, and 6.5 rsaum that shoot under 1/2 moa. the big thing i have found is to use a good barrel, custom ground nut, and .250 recoil lug. both these rifles have number 5 xcaliber match barrels.

I have a 6.5 creed barrel from Mcree precision. It's 1/2 minute with very little work. I believe this one to be a criterion barrel.
I'll probably never buy a factory rifle again except for a donor action.

I have a 6.5 creed barrel from Mcree precision. It's 1/2 minute with very little work. I believe this one to be a criterion barrel.
I'll probably never buy a factory rifle again except for a donor action.
The 6.5 creeds were the criterion barrels. The 6.5 prc was carbon six barrel very nice but wasnt a fan of the caliber so traded it. The 2506 is mccowen barrel i believe. May have spelled that wrong.

I have built over 20 rifles using the remage nut system. i have right now a 6.5 creedmoor, and 6.5 rsaum that shoot under 1/2 moa. the big thing i have found is to use a good barrel, custom ground nut, and .250 recoil lug. both these rifles have number 5 xcaliber match barrels.
Xcaliber barrels is what i was looking at for my next build. Glad to see a good note about them.

check out crown ridge barrel works. my 6.5 gap barrel is a spiral fluted xcaliber. i have 16 rds of copper creek ammo through it, so far i shot two 3 shot groups that measured .323, and .300 outside to outside of the ragged hole. it's a great shooter.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.