rem 700 vs SAUER 202

soundwaves

the title sais it all. one of my mates is concidering a rifle for hunting he thinks the sauer has outstanding quality compared to the cheap model 700 ??? but the model 700 is a proven rifle. what do you guys think about this. what is a beter rifle ? l mean generaly eaven if he doesnt consider these 2 but has to decide between GERMAN arms or AMERİCAN.
so what do you guys have to say about this. if 700 or american WHY ? if 202 or german WHY ?

the title sais it all. one of my mates is concidering a rifle for hunting he thinks the sauer has outstanding quality compared to the cheap model 700 ??? but the model 700 is a proven rifle. what do you guys think about this. what is a beter rifle ? l mean generaly eaven if he doesnt consider these 2 but has to decide between GERMAN arms or AMERİCAN.
so what do you guys have to say about this. if 700 or american WHY ? if 202 or german WHY ?
Sauer 202 is in the same class of rifle as the Blaser so you're kind of comparing a Chevy Blazer to a Mercedes cruiser class here... .

If you were talking about a full custom built on a 700 action or 700 clone you'd be talking about equals quality wise but if we're talking straight from the factory they are in different leagues.

Sauer 202 is in the same class of rifle as the Blaser so you're kind of comparing a Chevy Blazer to a Mercedes cruiser class here... .

If you were talking about a full custom built on a 700 action or 700 clone you'd be talking about equals quality wise but if we're talking straight from the factory they are in different leagues.
Couldn't have said it any better...Which is why I haven't responded to it yet. But that is a great comparison.

Sauer makes excellent guns, but factory they are precion made rifles. A Remington 700 still needs work even after it leaves the factory, before it can be considered a precision piece of equipment.

I love Remington 700's. I have quite a few of them. But one day I hope to build off of a custom action.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.