Rem 700 TI won't shoot

Would not hurt to swap scopes with a known good scope
Just a thought as you have already checked the rings and mounts

Update: Had the rifle out last night just to make sure the stock was floated like I thought...it was hitting in one spot so I took off more material and now it is definiately floated. I cleaned the barrel again which didn't have much fouling and am planning on shooting it again now that I'm 100% sure it's completely floated. Hope that helps

Berger hunting vlds are target bullets. They were the original target vlds. The thin jacket would sometimes fail so Berger started to use a thicker jacket. The new thicker jackets are called target and the thinner jackets are called hunting, same bullet design different name, good marketing. I do use Bergers to hunt with, knowing full well they are a target bullet. I put them in the lungs and they work great.

I haven't had issues with light rifles. I've shot sub 1/2" groups with 3 rifles under 7.3 lbs with the lightest being 6.5 scoped. None had a brake in them. I don't think I'm the issue in this case based on that.

The TI is fairly light and has a fair amount of recoil. I know I dont shoot well with a rifle with both of those qualities

What shape are the groups you're shooting? and how fast are you shooting. I helped my cousin work up a load on the exact same rifle, and a three shot string would have the barrel too hot to touch. That TI profile barrel is so thin that it could be walking on you from heat. I'd take a known good load and shoot a shot every 10min or so to be totally sure that there is no heat. good luck, keep us updated.

I believe it's a stock bedding/barrel floating issue. It's at a smith now. Will post up when I get it back.

I also have a first gen Ti in 7-08. Same issues in the beginning, replaced original stock with a McMillan Hunters edge, Jewel trigger, and converted it to BDL type. All helped some, most was a David Tubb Final Finish treatment. All 50 rounds. A friend has a borescope. After viewing the bore it was a no brainer, chatter marks everywhere. Throat a mess, with less than 100 rounds through it. Now, 43.3 gr of IMR 4064, Fed 210 primers, Win cases, and 140gr Sierra Prohunter gives me 2800fps, and less than half inch groups at a 100 yds. Consistently!!

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.