Rem 700 stainless cocking piece?

MagnumManiac

G'day all,
I am in need of a stainless Rem 700 cocking piece for a LA rifle.
If I can't source one, I'll have to buy a complete PT&G one piece bolt assembly or a firing pin assembly from them and wait months for it to arrive.
Anyone know where I can get one?
TIA.

Cheers.

Greg Tannel got back to me, he can't supply to Australia.
Remington trade here won't supply me one, so I guess I am stuck.
Might have to get one made.
I don't want an aluminium replacement either.

Cheers.

Dang, sorry to hear that. Do you know if Brownells will ship out of US?
No they won't. They have even suspended my account with them and direct my business to the Australian distributor who charges 3 times the exchange rate prices.
I am being shoved out of existence with these ridiculous prices.
My list of accounts that have been suspended in the US are:
Timney
Jewell
Brownell's
Sinclair's
Midway
Gentry
CH4D
The list grows larger each day. The US State Department are ruining trade.
I can't even by non-firearm stuff like dies etc anymore.

Cheers.

Wow, man, I wonder what that's all about?
That's all about "regulations". Gun control through the 'back door' is what it amounts to. We just got 'shed' of a bunch of massive regulation in '16 through '20. I see it posted a lot lately, to try Brownells for Remington parts. Brownells has no Remington parts, and others who used to stock Rem parts don't have for 700s and don't have or only have a dwindling supplies of Rem shotgun parts.

I hate to say it but have you tried PTG?
Could be a S$$$ show if they do
I have, they only do aluminium or 4140, not true 416 Stainless. Nobody does other than Remington themselves.
My account with PT&G is still good, can buy anything from them that they list. Have been a customer with them for a long time.
I regularly buy bolts, bottom metal, recoil lugs, pins and odds and ends.
The thing that gets me the most is the only stock maker that will still ship to me is HS Precision, been a customer with them since the late 90's. Only problem is now they have to charge between $175-$200USD to ship ONE carton to me, which maxes out with 3 stocks. It's not their fault, but it's just another way to restrict trade.
This financial year will be my last as a gunsmith. I cannot afford the $15,000 license to trade in firearms anymore, which I do not buy and sell anyway, it's just how it is here if you work in firearms.
Anyway, it's just all too hard and expensive.
I can't even fix my own rifle, this is what I need the cocking piece for. Dang it.

Cheers.

I have, they only do aluminium or 4140, not true 416 Stainless. Nobody does other than Remington themselves.
My account with PT&G is still good, can buy anything from them that they list. Have been a customer with them for a long time.
I regularly buy bolts, bottom metal, recoil lugs, pins and odds and ends.
The thing that gets me the most is the only stock maker that will still ship to me is HS Precision, been a customer with them since the late 90's. Only problem is now they have to charge between $175-$200USD to ship ONE carton to me, which maxes out with 3 stocks. It's not their fault, but it's just another way to restrict trade.
This financial year will be my last as a gunsmith. I cannot afford the $15,000 license to trade in firearms anymore, which I do not buy and sell anyway, it's just how it is here if you work in firearms.
Anyway, it's just all too hard and expensive.
I can't even fix my own rifle, this is what I need the cocking piece for. Dang it.

Cheers.

Sure sorry to hear this, mate. I suppose the US will get to this point eventually.