Rem 700 Primary Extraction RR serial #

Privi457

When the world is full of SAKOs, FN Mausers, Tikkas, M70s, Kimbers, and so on, why would anyone buy a 700 ? Reminds me of the guy who divorced his wife to marry his MIL !

shortgrass

I'm probably going to get flamed but, I actually fixed it myself. It wasnt the voodoo that I thought it was.

A little heat to pull the handle off, a set of feeler gauges, a heat sink, a modified vise grip, and a tig welder is all that was needed.

I moved the handle forward by .015" to a gap of .010" between the front of the handle and the cut in the receiver. I advanced it slightly to get a little more cam action between the two surfaces and tacked it in place to test it all out.

I put a piece of tape around the case head to simulate a case that needed some extra primary extraction. The bolt was sticky all the way up to the came action and it ripped the case right out.

No issues to report. All is good in the neighborhood.
If you are good enough with a tig welder, and understand all of the particulars, there is not a problem with fixing it yourself. The 'particulars' being the bolt/locking lugs and the cocking piece ramp be where they are supposed to be when the bolt is closed.

L.Sherm

LRH Team Member
When the world is full of SAKOs, FN Mausers, Tikkas, M70s, Kimbers, and so on, why would anyone buy a 700 ? Reminds me of the guy who divorced his wife to marry his MIL !
If you need a 3.7 mag box or longer it makes alot of sense.

Privi457

3.6" is longest 700 box made. If you plan to alter for 1/10" more anything can be.

Years ago at Holland and Holland, I saw a Rigby rifle built on a GEW 98 modified to 416 Rigby. Passed British proof.

L.Sherm

LRH Team Member
Well let me put it this way almost 3.7 inside.
You cant shoot factory 300 PRC ammo unless you have one

Trending threads