Rem. 700 Police 338 Lapua

S.M.

Is this a new upgrade?
I like the magazine, the ones I have see have all had drop floor plates.
40X action? I thought that action was a single shot?
What is the stock made of?

Not a bad idea to purchase if that is the answer you are looking for. You will have a pretty good starting set up that you can only improve.

Tank

just wanting more info on them...

dropped Rem. Law Enforcement guys an email for the specs on it... have heard many different things and want to know for sure....

anyone else know much about them ?

Thanks

I got a reply back from Remington on these......

Scott,

Here are the specifications on the rifle. I have a demo gun and love it. The best group I have shot from it is a 9.5" group at 1000yds. Using our 250gr Scenar Match ammo.

#25645 700P MEDIUM LONG RANGE RIFLE 24" PARKERIZED HEAVY BARREL NO SIGHTS HS PRECISION STOCK REMINGTON MULTI PORT MUZZLE BREAK

.338 LAPUA MAGNUM X MARK PRO TRIGGER ON PRE AUGUST 2009 RIFLES CURRENT MODELS SUPPLIED WITH A 40X TRIGGER HAMMER FORGE 1 IN 12 6R BARREL BASE WEIGHT IS 10# EFFECTIVE RANGE IS 1200 METERS

Craig Clark

Remington Arms Company, Inc.

Bushmaster Firearms International

Law Enforcement Division

Regional Business Development Manager

all I know... SM

Good to see that the boys from Remington got back to you.

The rifle looks interesting, would have liked a 1:10 twist barrel and a bit longer than 24" bit otherwise it looks like a good LRH rig.

Got a great answer......

I stand corrected it is a 1 in 10 twist!

Craig Clark
Remington Arms Company, Inc.
Bushmaster Firearms International
Law Enforcement Division
Regional Business Development Manager

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.