Rem 700 old style trigger - tune the sear

setter

I've tried to adjust the springs using the adj. screws and still too much creep and inconsistent pull weight. Looking for a gunsmith who can open the thing up and perhaps do some work on the sear or other mechanicals. Seen some gunsmiths even doing things to aftermarket triggers like plating the metal either for durability or smoothness. Don't know which. Anyway, looking to send my trigger out to someone who can tell me if it's fixable and do their magic. I know I can buy aftermarket, but hopefully I can get someone to tune it properly less than half the price of new. Please send me contact info of anyone who you know can do this. Thanks.

Not sure if its worth doing. I have replaced my triggers with timneys, very easy to do and no issues at all. Takes about 10 min to change. For 125.00 bucks you be hard pressed to get a smith to do the repair on your existing trigger or be real close in cost to just replace it.

And you can get $30 or so for your old one. Add in shipping and your very close to just putting in something you know will work.....

M

In my experience a decent gunsmith can change the springs and do a touch up on the sear and make a Remington 700 trigger break like glass at 3 pounds. That's always been good for me and the going rate is half the price of a Timney. But then I'm old, what could I know?????

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.