Rem 700 Light Varmit??????

I wish they'd only make the dam rifle in 243. Why would a they chamber a "varmint rifle" in 7mm-08 and not 243. I'm considering buying the 7mm and rebarreling to 243. I need a wouldabout light rifle. If I bout it in 22 cal would the bolt face accept a 243 if rebarrel after I shoot it out?

While we are whining, why on earth would they (Remington) have such a crummy selection of chamberings for the Titanium? What moron makes these decisions?

Good hunting. LB

Thanks Larry, I may have to go with the 22-250. Yeah, I cannot believe the decisions they make on their chamberings for certain rifles. If you think about it the cost of offering many different chambering per model should be minimal (just a reamer right??). I would also love a Ti rifle but am not intersted in anything they chamber it in.

I've had one in .221 since early spring. Oh wait, I just put it up on consignment. Great rifle, but I magazine feed so the ADL setup isn't my favorite. I don't really have a rational reason for getting rid of it, just time to move onto something new.

Mine shoots (shot?) around .4 MOA with 40 grain VMAX and either 18 grains of IMR 4198 or 18-19 grains of AA 1680. With that bullet, it's effective to at least 250 yards, has delusions of being a .223.

The owner of the gun shop I usually work with has sold 3 others and people report problems. I suspect it's the operators, not the guns.

I really like it. Wouldn't mind having one in .204 or .17 Rem. I think Remington is missing the ball by not offering it in 7mm-08 ... that'd be a mean light weight deer gun.

Tom

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts