• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Rem 700/Hill Country Rifles .25-06 (price lowered!)

Stk

I'm selling a semi-custom Remington 700 in .25-06. Originally started life as a .30-06 then was sent to Hill Country Rifles for work. Action has been trued, barrel was swapped for a Hart #5 contour chambered in .25-06, trigger was tuned, and it was put in a McMillan stock. Smoothest bolt I've ever felt on a Remington. I used it for two seasons for antelope and deer--it's in great condition, but it does have a few minor marks on the barrel. It's a legitimate half MOA with factory Barnes VORTX. I've never reloaded for it or shot anything but factory ammo...never had to.

The only reason I'm selling is because I want something lighter. It's a great plains rifle but I've moved to Colorado and am doing most of my hunting in the mountains now.

Rifle only - $1500

Rifle with below ammo (approximate 135 rounds) - $1625
Barnes VORTX 100gr TTSX - ~70 rds
Hornady Superperformance 117 gr SST – 16rds
Win 115 gr Ballistic Silvertip – 17 rds
Fed 117 gr Gameking BTSP – 16 rds
Nosler 100 gr Partition – 16 rds

Rifle with ammo and Bushnell 4200 4-16x40 in lightweight Talley rings - $1800

Very open to trades for lightweight rifles in 6.5 Creedmoor, 7mm-08, .280 Rem, or any of the magnum calibers. Let me know what you have!

IMG_0339.jpg

IMG_0340.jpg

IMG_0341.jpg

IMG_0342.jpg

IMG_0344.jpg

Haven't weighed it but I'd guess around 8 pounds. Looking for something sub-7, preferably under 6 1/2.

Edit- To clarify, I'd guess 8 pounds without scope, rings, stock pack, bipod, etc.

I had the same rifle built for me from HCR. It shoots Federal blue box 115gr ammo into little bug holes all day long. My last 5 deer have been shot with it. Aim, pull the trigger and all of them have dropped in their tracks. This has become my go to rifle for all deer hunts.

Bump! Just bought a Sako, so make me an offer on this.

$1400 for rifle, $1700 for everything listed above (rifle, ammo, rings, scope, brass)

Pretty sure it's 24". I can measure when I get home.

Recent Posts