Rem. 700 fires when safety is used!

Yes the fact of the matter is all shooters should only trust what they can 100% control! However I will put the blame on remington in my case! As I stated with my issue the first thing I did was purchase a timney trigger with safety, but it should be pointed out that while I was doing some research I did find several web sites/articles that indicated that with remington & the x mark pro that they apparently have maxed out what the sear engagement can handle! I also read that these discharges were happening with triggers set to the light or even heavy lb pull setting! Like I already stated I'm a big remington fan but I will NEVER trust any remington that has that x mark pro installed in the gun! It should also be pointed out that when I called my gunsmith to set up my timney trigger install I mentioned what happened with my remington sendero 7mm & his reaction was a annoyed chuckle, and preceeded to tell me how unimpressed he is with the x mark pro because of all the issues he has seen with these triggers including my exact issue! Now this is one gunsmith in a small town however he is an ex-military sniper who has a tremendous amount of gunsmithing experience! Just giving a heads up to guys/gals out there reading! stay safe!

People are sheep they will all go in to a wolfs den because the other one did. People try to protect what they think because they are to ignorant to realize they are wrong. They sound so safe they shouldn't even put safeties on there rifle! For the record I don't even put a round the chamber while hunting till I know I'm going to shoot at an animal.so let people be sheep, when there safe gun handling and luck runs out they are the ones that have to live with the outcome

People are sheep they will all go in to a wolfs den because the other one did. People try to protect what they think because they are to ignorant to realize they are wrong. They sound so safe they shouldn't even put safeties on there rifle! For the record I don't even put a round the chamber while hunting till I know I'm going to shoot at an animal.so let people be sheep, when there safe gun handling and luck runs out they are the ones that have to live with the outcome

I'm not quite following you...

Then I guess you don't have to worry about it then

I guess. I wasn't trying to be an ***, but I re-read the entire thread and was hoping you could clarify your remarks. The way I read it, you feel that people are blindly supporting Remington and "going into a wolf's den". That the majority of responders are ignorant sheep who feel that its OK for your rifle to fire when the safety is switched off.

Personally, I did not read the responses this way at all. For the most part, folks are saying Remington needs to solve their safety/trigger issues, their triggers are only good to be replaced, and that this reinforces the importance of not trusting a safety and always maintaining muzzle discipline. Pretty much to the last response, people are emphasizing the need to be as safe as possible in handling firearms - I don't see where anyone says you should accept a rifle firing when taken off safe or that it is your fault of it does so.

When I then see "so let people be sheep, when there safe gun handling and luck runs out they are the ones that have to live with the outcome" put out there, I am interested to see if I am misunderstanding you, or if we have what I will politely term "a vastly different worldview and a major difference of opinion".

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.