Rem 700 "Embellished" receiver

Re: Rem 700 \"Embellished\" receiver

Thanks Kirby. Having been a machinist (and longing to get back into machining) I can understand that there are often several ways to do something and achieve satisfactory results. I'm glad to hear you say the same in your response.

What size lathe do you have? Sounds like the old 18"x96" "Sophie" from my first machining job. Big and clunky but accurate as they get.

I have tried to stone the part and I am still not satisfied with it. When I was young I removed the clip incorrectly for cleaning and it has never been right since. I took the opportunity yesterday to visit a local gunsmith that I had never been in to see (but knew from his previous employer)and he was able to order me one from Brownells. It will be SS instead of blued but that dosen't matter a whit to me. I just want to have the bolt slide smoothly.

Thanks again.

Re: Rem 700 \"Embellished\" receiver

OK Chris,
I just picked up one of these actions (Really did)and it will probably be in the batch I send back to you. I will be inspecting the fine engraving for damage when you are done. Ha Ha

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.