Rem 700 ejector stuck ?

reloaderlen

1981 Remington ejector stuck in . In the past I would soak in kroil overnight and it would work its way out or tap the ejector with a brass punch get it working and remove the pin and spring and clean and reassemble and move on . I bought this one used and the gentleman told me he bought it new and test fired it and forgot to eject the shell. Several years later when he decided to do something with it , there it was stuck so back to the safe it went till now. I have soaked it in kroil and removed the pin but can't get the ejector to move . What now a little heat on the bolt ?

No heat. Tap the bolt straight down on wood surface to let inertia drive it out. Keep up the kroil.

I agree. Once you've got it out use a drill bit (with fingers) to clean out the recessed area in the bolt. Don't reassemble the parts until they drop in and drop out without resistance. If Kroil isn't working fast enough, try a bit of Liquid Wrench. Once you get a sense that it's moving at all, push it back down, tap on surface again, and repeat until it pops out.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
sigpic1290_2.gif

Sorry, guys. I have to disagree. Accurate rifles aren't any challenge. They just shoot straight. The most interesting part for me is working on inaccurate rifles to make them accurate.

I do believe that is the next route. I can't seem to get it to move. I may try Atf and acetone , I have heard it works better than kroil

Well after days of soaking in kroil and taping on wood with no results I mixed acetone and ATF 50/50 and put the bolt in and let it soak . Came back in one hour and laying there in the tray was the ejector. No taping the bolt on wood. Just popped out on its own . The Atf mixture didn't hurt the bluing on the bolt either.

No brass shavings . Full of what appeared to be light rust . I cleaned the hole up with a drill bit by hand then used some lapping compound and polished things up works good as new. It may have been some dried up lube I did notice that the bottom side of the barrel and trigger had the same thing on it wiped off with a little elbow grease. No pits so not rust. Gun looks brand new not even the first ping on the bolt face .

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.