Rem 700 bolt ignition improvements?

I used a Holland spring kit but I think the FP spring is just stronger.

I take the firing pin assembly apart to clean everything. Chuck the firing pin in a battery drill and use a 3M abrasive pad to polish for and aft and remove all debris after. Replace factory spring with a Tubbs Speedlock spring.You could replace the bolt shroud with and aluminum assembly plus lightly polishing all working surfaces. Lightly mind you. Then, use a good synthetic oil or synthetic grease. But, be sure to clean the inside of the bolt meticulously. This has helped my Rem. 700 rifles.

Wow, thats a very interesting watch, all those "snaked" springs seem way to long to me!
@Blancoalex, what does your spring look look assembled??

I am aware of a hall of fame bench rest shooter who built weights for his firing pins. He found that as he added weight a little at a time there would be a sweet spot above and below which his groups would get bigger.

I couldnt say how he fixed these weights to the pin or how they are designed

Thanks for everyone 's great suggestions. I did take time to take a pic of my spring in it's loaded or compressed position.
20200703_142903.jpg

I am aware of a hall of fame bench rest shooter who built weights for his firing pins. He found that as he added weight a little at a time there would be a sweet spot above and below which his groups would get bigger.

I couldnt say how he fixed these weights to the pin or how they are designed
Seems like a guy could attach it/them to the rear of the cocking piece. Either with a screw or by making a new cocking piece that was too heavy and iteratively machining it down until it reached the ideal weight.

I just re
Looking for suggestions on what improvements can be done to factory Rem 700 bolt for consistent primer ignition for better accuracy. Polishing,parts replacement,etc?View attachment 201447
i just replaced a stock Remy 700 with Tubb speedlock firing pin and springs. It definitely cut the bolt jump when dry firing which he has a video of. The rifle was a tack driver before I replaced the firing pin and springs so I can't say it helped but definitely didn't hurt.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.