Rem 700 BDL 300 RUM Muzzel Brake

Jar66

Hello All,

This is my first post here so be gentle. I bought my Uncle his first NEW rifle back in 2012, he passed from covid in March, in his will he returned it to me. As the title states it's a Rem 700 in 300 RUM, all stock minus a limbsaver pad, I want to add a muzzle brake to this but the barrel is only .665 inch at the crown and I'm having a hard time finding a break that can be mounted on it, most brakes I've read about require a .75 inch minimum barrel diameter. Has anyone had a break put on a barrel this small? If you have please enlighten me, in 2008 I had to settle for Magna Porting my .338 RUM, hopefully things have changed since then. Thank you for any and all info you can provide.

JAR

You could possibly do a 1/2x28 brake. I have used them and both my father and brother run 1/2x28 muzzle brakes on their 300 win mags and they work real well. Ours are from SSG. I am sure MBM has something that would work well for you or get ahold of the closest gunsmith and see what they have. FYI the two 300 win mags are sporter weight barrels.

I have a couple of rifles with .650" OD at the muzzle with brakes. Get with a competent/reputable gunsmith to determine the best and safest threading for your rifle.

ADDED: If your gunsmith is OK with 5/8-24" thread, check check out out Erik Cortina's tuner muzzle brake.

Last edited:
Wow, great response time everyone, wish my local Sherrif dept was as quick! LOL I'll check out all your suggestions and find me a local gunsmith, the one I used to use was Lock Stock and Barrel in Temple City, CA unfortunately Donna went outta business. Glad I have options now. Thanks again for the information.

JAR

Terminator T1+ muzzle brake on a Rem 700 magnum sporter barrel, very pleased with these brakes. Lots of good smiths and options out there if you're willing to ship your rifle.

C8C606F4-EDEA-4D2D-BD5A-831407C47B23.jpeg

I have a stock SPS 300 RUM. It was threaded 5/8 with no problem. It was done by LRcustomsinc.com with one of their T-Rex brakes.

Hello All,

This is my first post here so be gentle. I bought my Uncle his first NEW rifle back in 2012, he passed from covid in March, in his will he returned it to me. As the title states it's a Rem 700 in 300 RUM, all stock minus a limbsaver pad, I want to add a muzzle brake to this but the barrel is only .665 inch at the crown and I'm having a hard time finding a break that can be mounted on it, most brakes I've read about require a .75 inch minimum barrel diameter. Has anyone had a break put on a barrel this small? If you have please enlighten me, in 2008 I had to settle for Magna Porting my .338 RUM, hopefully things have changed since then. Thank you for any and all info you can provide.

JAR
Look at Witt Machines clamp on brake.

I have a Holland QD on a 300 RUM factory barrel it works awesome! bigger than barrel profile but tapers down to match. Also have a couple APA little bastards that work great. Gunsmith install required. cheers, Jason

Keep in mind that if you shoot from your belly, its best to have the ports on the sides only due to dirt blowing up.
Whereas for bench shooting, ports all way around like the Vias type has will work just fine.

Maybe the US gun industry needs a shake up and offer more options than just 1/2-28 and 5/8-24? Look at all threads options of a terminator brake or from the big European suppressor companies for exemple.

And with the wide use of cnc machines to produce muzzle brakes , the only tooling cost is of the extra threading inserts and thread gauges .