Rem. 700 barreled action on sale

tribb

Streight jacket arms has trued and lapped barreled actions with trigger on sale for $1,014 your thoughts please !!! Sale ends today. I got it late!

I look at it like it's a good buy. Basically getting a free truing.

round about prices.
action $400
Barrel $300
Thread and chamber $300

In the opinion of some since they are CNC produced most of them need little or no truing, except maybe lapping the lugs for full contact. Maybe some of the smiths who post here could comment on their experiences with them.
Are the barrels Remington contour or something else.

Whether it does or not it still takes somebodies time to set up and inspect.

My inference from seeing a number of posts about truing and prices for it suggest that an average price for the service is about $200 and that would suggest to me a time of 2-3 hours for the work depending upon what exactly they do. I just question how much can be given away for free, but I spose it beats sitting around twiddlin one's thumbs. Perhaps they got a good enough deal that they could buy a truckload of actions right from Remington.
I'm doing a 6.5-06 AI which isn't on their list.

https://straightjacketarmory.com/product/barreled-remington-700-action-trued-and-assembled/

One could certainly do worse.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.