Rem 7 Stock - Which Houge Overmolded?

wirelessguy

I'm having a Rem 7 rebarreled to 22-243 Middlestead. So, a restocking will be necessary since I'm going from a sporter barrel to a varmit barrel.

My question is, will the Mod 7 action drop in a stock listed for the Model 700 short action? The Mod 7 action actually says Mod 700 on the side.

My model 7 (circa '85) does not say M700 on the side of the receiver! I'm not entirely sure what all the differences are, but I believe they are basically the same action with the M7 having some more metal removed to lighten it up. I've got a B&C Carbelite on mine, don't know if it is available with a Bull barrel channel, but shouldn't be hard to open up with a channel rasp or a big ball end mill and some time on the mill.

Model 7 action is 1/2" shorter than the short 700 action.........the difference in length is at the rear bridge so the short 700 and 7 share the same magazine length (boxes are interchangeable). A model 700 stock will NOT work with a model 7 action. Model 7 actions are NOT marked 700 unless it is a factory screw up.

Model 7 action is 1/2" shorter than the short 700 action.........the difference in length is at the rear bridge so the short 700 and 7 share the same magazine length (boxes are interchangeable). A model 700 stock will NOT work with a model 7 action. Model 7 actions are NOT marked 700 unless it is a factory screw up.

Buzzgun is spot on !!

The only action that is interchangeable with the MOD 7 Is the MOD 673.

There are several stock makers that I know of that make a varmint type stock for the Mod 7
or the 673 are HS precision, Boyd's, and accurate innovations.

J E CUSTOM

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.