Rem 40 X accuracy vs Sendero

sendero7

Has anyone had experience with the 40x vs the sendero in a large caliber like the 7mag? It seems that you don't here much talk about the 40x any more. Is it just cheaper or better to have a custom builder to do the job??

Has anyone had experience with the 40x vs the sendero in a large caliber like the 7mag? It seems that you don't here much talk about the 40x any more. Is it just cheaper or better to have a custom builder to do the job??

At one time all 40x's were made in the custom shop at Remington and were very good
match grade rifles. all came with a 5 shot test group and would do better with good hand
loads. they came with Hart ss barrels. I'm not sure about this any more but you could check
it out with Remington.

As to the sendero's they were/are made on the factory line and are very good for the money.

If you want a guaranty of accuracy a custom would probably be the safest way because some
of the sendero's don't shoot as well as others. The best I have seen was 5 shots @ 100yards
with a group size of .107. the worst was 1.481.

My 40x would shoot sub 1/4 MOA (and still does after over 20,000 rounds.

Read as much as you can and then decide whether to go sendero,40x or a custom based on
what you expect and can afford.

Good luck

J E CUSTOM

hi, i use a 7rem 40x with bell carlson medialist stock and a good bedding, with genuine barrel inox 9"1/4, i obtain very good shoots about1200yards with berger 168grs; i use powder vitha n560.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.