Rem 308 LTR, Badger Bases/Rings, Leupold 4.5-14-50 ?

Guppy

After much consideration, and numerous hours studying all the great posts, I've decided the .308 will be my first long-range cartridge. I'm a M700 fan, and have decided to get the LTR in .308.

I already have a Leupold VX-III 4.5x14-50mm scope (1 inch tube) that I'd like to mount on it for now, but someday I'd like to get the Nightforce 3.5x15-50mm with 30mm tube.

Will the Badger scope rail with 20MOA cant and medium rings (0.885" high) work for both these scopes? Of course I'd need to get the scope ring reducers for the Leupold.

My concern is with the Leupold and its 1" tube. Will the 20MOA cant cause problems at short range (under 100 yds)?

Thanks for the Advice.

Great choice of everything!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Yes, the medium rings and the 20 moa rail should work nicely with both scopes, I would think.

You should have no problems with zeroing to 100 yards w/ the 20 moa rail..sakofan..Good shooting!!!

Guppy, I have that set up on a Rem 700 VS in 308. There is no problem. With 168-grain Sierra MK bullets at 2692 fps I have the rifle and scope BASE ZEROED at 100-yards. There is still nearly 18MOA left in the elevation under the BASE ZERO. You will have no problem. You may want to check out the Ken Farrell bases and matching rings. They are really top of the line and can be had with the 20MOA feature. I have used the 4.5-14X Leupold 1"X50MM, 4.5-14X 30MMX50MM TLR Leupold, 6.5-20X 1"X40MM Leupold, and the Nikon Tactical 4-16X 30MMX50MM all on this rifle and base. No Problem! They are all very good scopes. I like the NF scopes, and have two of them. If weight is an issue remember that the NF scope are large and heavy. They are very high quality and very repeatible, but costly and heavy.

Thanks for the advice.

I'll try the Leupold scope that I already have on a 20MOA base. It's a pretty nice scope and has the mil-dot reticle. If I'm happy with it, I'll wait on the Nightforce scope for my next gun, which right now I'm thinking will be either a 300 WSM, or a 300 Win Mag.

I do want to keep this one on the lighter side.

Gup

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.