• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Rem. 243(6mm) 26" heavy barrel FS or Trade

W

*WyoWhisper*

I have a 26" VLS barrel chambered in 243 ( 6mm) for sale. Make a me a reasonable offer or will trade for similar 30 cal. barrel

Sold Pending funds.....

[ 10-11-2002: Message edited by: *WyoWhisper* ]

I bought a brand take off blued varmint barrel in 243 for $40 + $6 shipping from
rwhart.com
They sell the used ones for $25 plus shipping.
Not trying to make any waves but factory Remington barrels are pretty marginal. The only reason I bought one is because my brother shot out his old barrel and wanted to get by as cheap as possible.

Marginal ???

I have 2 Remington 700 rifles in heavy barrel and both shoot very sub MOA...
1 = 6mm Remington
1 = .308 Winchester

The only factory rifle I have that can outshoot them is my Sako 22PPC single shot.
Which is quite a bit more expensive.

Russ

I'll second that. I have two Rem. 700VS rifles, one in .308 Win and one in .223 Rem. Both will shoot sub half-moa or less w/ the right ammo. They might be pigs to get clean, and have attrocious chambers/throats, but they shoot darn well.

Monte

Not marginal for me either for the price. .5 MOA groups are more than acceptable for these old eyes and my wallet. My 700 VLS in .308 Win shoots them; and now, I have to buy another in .223.

I say "marginal" because the way the chambers are cut they are usually off center from the bore if a gunsmith does a chamber cast. At least my gunsmith makes noise about such things and acts like even messing with a factory barrel is below his dignity.

At the price that Hart sells the takeoffs, if you like factory barrels, buy a dozen. The guy who checks for specific barrels said they have a big pile just waiting for bargain hunters.

[ 10-17-2002: Message edited by: Bruce Gordon ]

Recent Posts