Reloder 26

I see you are Creedmoor shooter & earlier posts but wanted to be sure you are shooting a Creedmoor in this case and how long is the barrel ?
Before this powder it seemed you needed a 6.5x284 or bigger for these speeds.

I know this has been brought up before, but what is everyone seeing with temperature sensitivity and the hotter days we are seeing. I have heard once the temps get over 80 degrees it can jump quite a bit?

I stopped shooting rounds at 48.8gr due to significant pressure signs (threw that brass in the trash). I'm back in the 47.3-47.9gr range to tweak for accuracy once it cools off.

Finally got out to shoot the test groups today. 47.9gr load was the winner (243AI). It beat my standard Re22 load in accuracy at 100 yards, and that load had shot well in competition at 600 and 1000 yards. But the Re26 load takes me from 3200 to 3270fps. It's a modest gain, but with both velocity and accuracy improvement, as well as temp stability improvement, I'm switching.

When I shot with it the other day with 147 ELD-M out of my 6.5 Creedmoor Temps were 83 deg far. , it shot the exact same average velocity of the day I shot at 61 deg far. only my 5 shot average had a SD of 1. When I average in the 10 shots from the previous shoot the SD goes to 3.8 fps. 48 gr RL26 147 ELD-M 2930 fps 26" X-Caliber barrel.
The way the weather has been running around here this year I doubt I will have a chance to test any loads in the 90 degree mark.

When I shot with it the other day with 147 ELD-M out of my 6.5 Creedmoor Temps were 83 deg far. , it shot the exact same average velocity of the day I shot at 61 deg far. only my 5 shot average had a SD of 1. When I average in the 10 shots from the previous shoot the SD goes to 3.8 fps. 48 gr RL26 147 ELD-M 2930 fps 26" X-Caliber barrel.
The way the weather has been running around here this year I doubt I will have a chance to test any loads in the 90 degree mark.
Sounds like you've found yourself a good load. What decrease in velocity did you get from the 140 to 147? I'm considering trying them but I don't really know if it's worth the switch

My 143 ELD-X run 2990 fps, I have run them up to 3048 fps with no sign of pressure, but according to QL they are just over 70K psi. 2990 to 3000 is the sweet spot. The slower 147 shows better promise for 1 mile shoots because of BC.
I have done some testing with 140 ELD-M they shoot about the same velocity as the 143s, accuracy seems to be best around the 3000 fps mark out of my rifle with the 140s.
The 130 ELD-M seem to like between 3030 and 3050 fps they do not shoot as flat but have a wide accuracy node in my rifle so I may use them for close range target.
I have 800 rounds down my barrel and I have started using 50 of my brass for testing so I can reach 10 loadings quicker to check how brass will hold up. I am at loading #9 with them after 10 I will cut a couple or clean them in citric acid and use a scope to inspect for a separation ring. Hopefully my scope I have coming in will give good enough detail to view brass and the throat area.
I read a review on the Autel MV404-5 that listed it as a good low end scope, and the Autel MV208-5.5 is the same thing without installed lithium rechargeable batteries, takes 4 AAs its half the cost of the MV404. The 5.5 mm head will allow checking of the 6.5 barrel. We will see it arrives Wednesday.

http://www.reloaderaddict.com/best-rifle-borescope-bore-scope-review/

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BHCKJGU/?tag=lrhmag19-20

Th
My 143 ELD-X run 2990 fps, I have run them up to 3048 fps with no sign of pressure, but according to QL they are just over 70K psi. 2990 to 3000 is the sweet spot. The slower 147 shows better promise for 1 mile shoots because of BC.
I have done some testing with 140 ELD-M they shoot about the same velocity as the 143s, accuracy seems to be best around the 3000 fps mark out of my rifle with the 140s.
The 130 ELD-M seem to like between 3030 and 3050 fps they do not shoot as flat but have a wide accuracy node in my rifle so I may use them for close range target.
I have 800 rounds down my barrel and I have started using 50 of my brass for testing so I can reach 10 loadings quicker to check how brass will hold up. I am at loading #9 with them after 10 I will cut a couple or clean them in citric acid and use a scope to inspect for a separation ring. Hopefully my scope I have coming in will give good enough detail to view brass and the throat area.
I read a review on the Autel MV404-5 that listed it as a good low end scope, and the Autel MV208-5.5 is the same thing without installed lithium rechargeable batteries, takes 4 AAs its half the cost of the MV404. The 5.5 mm head will allow checking of the 6.5 barrel. We will see it arrives Wednesday.

http://www.reloaderaddict.com/best-rifle-borescope-bore-scope-review/

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BHCKJGU/?tag=lrhmag19-20
Thanks. Keep us posted

Does that scope have a 90 degree head ? You can only see so much with straight view.

They come with the mirror attachments, but I am not so sure it will focus with the mirror. We will see when it comes. It is not going to be as good as the higher end scopes for sure, but I am hopeful that I will see enough.
The 5.5mm is suppose to focus as close as an inch from camera, I may need to use the wood dowel painted white on the end to reflect enough light to get a good image.
I will try and post snap shots of the results here.

Last edited:
Impressive, I wonder what this powder would do with the 6.5x284 with the 150 Matrix ?
I'm going to try it, but putting it off until temperatures drop back to at least 60-70*. Going to do 142s and 150s in both 6.5-284s. I am very happy with Retumbo and 140 HVLDs, but the 150 matrix should do it all.