reloading video for beginners

dougedwards

I am just wondering if there are any really good videos on disk that would be good for explaining the process and materials and equiptment needed for the beginning reloader? Even a book that is explicit with pictures would be helpful.

Doug

I got one from Sierra,called "highpower Rifle Reloading",or something like that,starring David Tubb,it was worth every penny.

Ditto on the Tubb's videos.

However, the best way is to rent them through smartflix.com. They are a little slow on delivery, but in 2-3 weeks you can watch multiple videos for 1/3 the cost of purchasing price. They also have videos on gunsmithing etc and are just a really good source for learning videos. (No I do not own this company!)

Give it a shot, you won't be disappointed

Hey thanks men! I am totally ignorant of the whole process and information that I have gathered online is not exact and revealing enough for my old brain to absorb and put into practice. For example, I would like to know exactly how a case trimmer works. To know that it's function is the trim the brass for the cartridges is not clear enough for me. I will look up some of these videos to see if they are more exact and informative than what I have been finding so far.

Thanks again
Doug

Personally, I didn't find the abc's of reloading all that helpful. Lee has some neat reloading video's on there website, and the Nosler manual has some nice step by step instuctions in the beginign of the book. Also, not to direct traffice to another site, but "The Firing Line" reloading forum is quite busy and has alot of good info with a pretty good starter thread....

For the New Reloader: Equipment Basics -- READ THIS FIRST - TheFiringLine Forums

Cartridges need to be trimmed every so often as the neck stretches just a hair every time you fire a load.

Case trimmers are pretty easy, I have the basic Lee ones and they work great. Basically a case trimmer has a base that locks the shell in place and a guide with a cutting head. Lock the shell in, insert the guide and turn the cutting head. The cutting head will shave little bits of brass off until the guide bottoms out then it will cut no more.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts