Reloading the Remington M 81 in 30 Remington ?

• Thread starter Deleted member 118572
  • Start date
Nice feature, as I recall, in the 14 and 141 is that the sprial magine allows the use of spitzer bullets as it's not point to primer.

Nice feature, as I recall, in the 14 and 141 is that the sprial magine allows the use of spitzer bullets as it's not point to primer.
Yes exactly to the spiral magazine feature. We are trying to lay in a good supply of .30 Rem brass, but so far haven't done as well as you. I haven't checked on the many forums out there. But will surely give it a try based on your success.

What kind of scope mount do you plan on using to mount a scout scope on your 81? I know it's difficult because the whole gun is stamped sheet metal and the barrel moves inside the tube (shroud) to work the action. Mine had a mount that screwed into the side of the receiver and tipped up over the top. Ejected shells hit it and fall back into the gun and stovepipe in the chamber. I'm shooting irons wishing this cataract was gone.

The outer barrel sleeve is very thick and has an insert that has 2 female studs for the rear sight to screw into.

My gunsmith is modifying a Savage 25 rail mount to drop over the studs and be held by the sight screws. In addition the base will be glued to the sleeve with NASA spec epoxy.

Been gluing mounts on for years and never had a failure. Swiss 1889 that is a hotter cartridge than the 30 Rem. Same receiver contour as a Browning BAR.

IMG_3948.jpeg

Pic rail glued and screwed and that new vortex 2-7 scout scope? 1930 meet 2021. I'm sure it works like a champ but I think I'll leave mine stock. Maybe install a ghost ring peep sight.
You probably have far better eyes than I. Note there is a receiver sight on the rifle.

That was a nice rifle! I'd like to have one in 35 Rem. I've got one in 300 Savage. I'll leave mine stock though, that way I don't lower the value by half LOL. I like to watch these on Gunbroker. Can't believe how much some of them go for.

Plenty of 35s out there. Expect to pay around $800 for a 90% one.

The 300s kick too much for my old bones. Wanna find a 25.

Here's a super rare 35.