Reloading Software for mac???

renegadelzard

Hey all,

I used to use a program called point blank when i was running windows, but those days are gone now...but i traded viruses for a lack of any type of reloading or ballistics program...i have ballistic, the iPhone program, but it only works on the iPhone and not on my laptop...anybody run across anything that works?

I've found nothing that runs on OSX. I would recommend VMWARE or parallels. Boot camp is not a good choice IMO. Just run a virtual Windoz machine.

Hey all,

I used to use a program called point blank when i was running windows, but those days are gone now...but i traded viruses for a lack of any type of reloading or ballistics program...i have ballistic, the iPhone program, but it only works on the iPhone and not on my laptop...anybody run across anything that works?

Parallels gets top billing around this place.

Use it for business and pleasure stuff.

Fast, efficient and only slightly turns your Mac into a PC.....

If you have a web browser and need info I use Hornady balistic calculator with my inputs and print out. I have the Sierra on windows machine and dont use it much any more. Nice for visual comparisons but now I just want the raw data.

Go with Bootcamp if you need to run Windows. VMware and Parallels are dog slow on all but the most basic stuff. If you are running anything that needs drivers like my decal printer VMware and Parallels most likely will not work.

I was hoping not to ever have to deal with windows again. I guess I'll just make a spreadsheet with all the pertinent data and use ballistic to plug in base values from reloading manuals and online resources. I use mainly all Hodgdon powders, and their data center is pretty good.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.