Reloading shop damaged by the hurricane

Lethal_Chica

Hurricane Isaias came through yesterday with a vengeance. Spawned multiple tornados and caused tons of damage. Many roads are still impassible. Our power went out just as the rain started to come down the heaviest. I've been through hurricanes before, but this one dumped more water than I have ever seen in such a short amount of time. Before I could get my generator hooked to my sump pump, my finished basement was flooded with inches of water. It was pouring in the window wells, which were complete filled with about 14" of water. The french drain couldn't handle the amount of water. Frankly, I am not sure my sump would have kept up with that volumen of water. There just was no place for that much water to go. My street looked like a river.

Power just came a couple hours ago and so the cleanup and damage mitigation begins. This totally sucks, but in the end it could have been much worse. We are safe and I can repair my basement.

My reloading shop:
1596661430452.png

This home took the brunt of one of the tornados about a 1/2 mile away.
1596661466462.png

Chica, Glad to hear you are safe and yours are safe. Fortunately the hit you took can be repaired, replaced etc.
Fortunately the storm stayed east of our place. Be safe, be well and good wishes, Tommy.

Oh, Victoria, I'm so sorry to hear about this happening to you. Water damage is a pain, that's for sure. I pray that you will be able to find a reputable damage remediation company to make sure no mold gets started and gets things repaired right.

Hey guys.. it is going.. I have all the carpet out of the 3 finished room - living room, bedroom and shop. Yes, the shop had carpet from the previous owners. Drywall and insulation is cut out of all rooms But my shop. I spent the day cleaning out the shop of all my tools, loading great, hunting gear, etc and packed it up carefully. Tomorrow I have to dismantle my two work benches and then the process begins of cutting out the drywall and insulation. The good news is that every exterior wall has metal studs. Only have to deal with a portion of wood studs.
Slow and steady.... it will get done. I am doing the work myself. So, between my day job and this, I am thinking it will take me a couple months to get it 100% complete.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts