Reloading school in Oregon?

The Oregonian

I know Darrell Holland has a school, but looking for something closer to Portland that has dates soon.

Doesn't have to be super advanced...just looking for a good foundation for now. Darrell is building a custom gun for me and I would like a 280ai, but unless I start to reload I thi I would stay with a 280 rem. The rifle won't be ready for 9 months or more so it is not a skill I have to learn overnight.

Any help is appreciated.

Thx

You have 9 months to learn and understand some basics. SAFTEY,SAFETY, SAFETY. The top three. Many reloaders have becomne complasant, I am in that group. Do a little reading in a reloading book on the how too. Then see if there is a friend or buddy close to you that can show you his routine. It's not that tuff do if you respect the componants and have a little guidance. The 280AI will be a great caliber. Hornady and RCBS make kits with just about everything you'll need to get started. A little advertisment on a few forums and you might find someone that has an old one that he has upgraded from. Make some disisions and ask for assistance on spacific questions.

Read as much as you can! Its not as hard as one thinks, a little expensive to get started but worth it if you shoot a lot. There's a lot on reloading just read and things will start to make sense.

There are a few good videos out there, just google. I have one of Shawn Carlock's (Defensive Edge) reloading video's which I really like. I enjoyed Holland's reloading School also.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.