Reloading Room Mess

elk creek

40A42C54-809E-4477-834A-79AECA3616D7.jpeg I was doing some spring cleaning in my favorite room of the house yesterday. I was making very good progress until I moved an old container of powder I had on my top Shelf. These old cans are just for decoration but still full. When I move this one to dust around it my thumb went right through the side,powder and a cloud of brown dust went everywhere. It took a few more hours than expected to finish the job...... A67271AE-93A6-4788-8FA7-5B238A2BBB7D.jpeg I dumped the powder out of all the old cardboard cans after this.

View attachment 129252 I was doing some spring cleaning in my favorite room of the house yesterday. I was making very good progress until I moved an old container of powder I had on my top Shelf. These old cans are just for decoration but still full. When I move this one to dust around it my thumb went right through the side,powder and a cloud of brown dust went everywhere. It took a few more hours than expected to finish the job...... View attachment 129249 I dumped the powder out of all the old cardboard cans after this.
You will definitely know if the powder has gone bad ! If will about knock you over, hurt your eyes and has a terrible acrid smell ! Pretty easy to tell if the powder is bad

Anything with age is collectible to somebody. Call Danielle and she'll send Mike and Frank right over.........

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! If old is valuable I ought to be worth a million dollars. But.........first send the body to a rendering plant for the fat and then send all the metal to the scrap yard and sell the parts!!!!!!!:(;)

I inherited a couple hundred pounds of powder from my old neighbor and adopted grandfather. We reloaded shotgun and rifle together from the time I was big enough to pull the handle and not tip it all over. I still have most of the old cans. But yes. The powder will clear the house when it goes bad. There is not much in between good and bad. Yes roses loves old powder Heat makes it go bad faster. I keep my unopened and opened cans in the basement.

As rusty as that can is it was certainly not stored in an acceptable place. I have a bunch of cans that look like that but the metal is all still bright and shiny. The powder is as good as if it was bought today.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.